Cambodian and Thai Condominiums

Was comparing Condominiums Prices in Bangkok with Condos In Cambodia Pnohm phen and Shihanoukville.

The prices online for condos seem way higher in Cambodia while Bangkok as a city offers much more then these cambodian towns so why these elevated asking condo prices in Cambodia ? 

Why?

Because my experience is as opposed to popular thinking, Cambodia is not cheaper then Thailand.

Most of those condos now in PP are built by the Chinese.

10 years ago cheaper yes. Now, no.

Edited by bkk6060

9 hours ago, baansgr said:

I read somewhere a few months ago, because of the online gambling ban...condos in Sianoukville had lost 50% in value...looking online maybe old listings.

Yes correct I read the same but if i check the online sales prices in Shihanoukville its still very pricey.

Indeed seems most chinese have left Shihanoukville after the cambodia Government banned the online gambling there. Probably just the land prices went down first ? Without these chinese Shihanoukville might be a nice place again.

11 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Why?

Because my experience is as opposed to popular thinking, Cambodia is not cheaper then Thailand.

Most of those condos now in PP are built by the Chinese.

10 years ago cheaper yes. Now, no.

Correct most  developers nowadays in Cambodia are “Greedy” chinese that might explain the over the top asking Condo prices..

12 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Correct most  developers nowadays in Cambodia are “Greedy” chinese that might explain the over the top asking Condo prices..

All real estate developers are greedy, Chinese or not. It's the nature of the business. Real estate prices are generally whatever the market will bear. The Chinese purchasers, unaware of what the property should cost, overpay and drive up the market price for everyone. Now that they're gone, the generally poor Cambodians will dictate the price.

• Like 2