Importing Lithium Batteries (LiFePo4)

BigBrosMo

Has anyone imported lithium batteries into Thailand before? Specifically from the US. I found a good supplier for my solar set-up that can ship to Thailand via DHL but I want to know what I'd be up against actually trying to get them into the country. ie. Duties/fees etc

Thanks

Edited by BigBrosMo
details

Cheaper than China (where they may well have originated anyway)??

Anyway, expect duty of about 10% of CIF plus 7% VAT on the total (HS Code 8507.60.0000).

There may be DHL fees involved as well, check with them.

I don't think you need an import licence for lithium batteries, but it may be worth checking.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I realize this topic is a year old, but I am too interested in importing LiFePo batteries.

I bought some small LiIon *less than $10 USD value) through Aliexpress, but now am looking to buy 30 of the bigger LiFePo4 batteries.

I am not worried about customs duty, etc, but I wonder if I need any special import permits, etc ?

Did the OP have had any luck with his import ?

Many Thanks,

luudee

33 minutes ago, luudee said:

I realize this topic is a year old, but I am too interested in importing LiFePo batteries.

I bought some small LiIon *less than $10 USD value) through Aliexpress, but now am looking to buy 30 of the bigger LiFePo4 batteries.

I am not worried about customs duty, etc, but I wonder if I need any special import permits, etc ?

Did the OP have had any luck with his import ?

Many Thanks,

luudee

No sorry I never went through with it to Thailand. I did come back to Canada and ordered lifepo4 cells from "Shenzhen Basen" on Alibaba. Great service and they included duties etc in the shipping. When I return to Thailand in November I will be ordering from them again and ask to ship direct to Ranong.

If you do order please let me know how it works out for you! I'd be curious to hear. Good luck!

• Like 1

I bought all together maybe 10 different Lithium batteries from HobbyKing in HK maybe two years ago. They only allowed certain shipping companies. I didn't have to pay anything in Thailand. But I didn't buy them all together.