Rawai Mayor makes drunk ‘Uncle’ walk the line, sends him home in a pickup truck

webfact

Rawai Mayor makes drunk ‘Uncle’ walk the line, sends him home in a pickup truck

The Phuket News

1587057164_1-org.jpg

’Uncle’ walks the line at the main checkpoint into Rawai on Wednesday night (Apr 15). Screenshot: Rawai Municipality

PHUKET: An elderly man who was deemed to be drunk after he failed to walk a straight line at the main checkpoint into Rawai on Wednesday night (Apr 15) was given a surprise reprieve by Rawai Mayor Aroon Solos, who simply had a pickup truck deliver the man home instead of risking an accident.

The episode began when the man approached the checkpoint just south of the Makro store on Wiset Rd on his motorbike, but instead of stopping at the checkpoint, he pulled over early and parked by the side of the road. He then walked down the middle of the road up to the checkpoint.

The officers screened the man – who they referred to only as “Uncle”, a Thai term of endearment for older men – for high body temperature and asked him where he was going.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/rawai-mayor-makes-drunk-uncle-walk-the-line-sends-him-home-in-a-pickup-truck-75726.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-04-17
  • Haha 2

Reminds me of when i was living in the States,my friend was really drunk,we got pulled over,the officer ask him to walk the line,he asked if he could crawl it instead,a night in the cells ensued for both of us,i got nervous as there was a few dodgy looking types in there.

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2020 at 1:41 PM, marko kok prong said:

Reminds me of when i was living in the States,my friend was really drunk,we got pulled over,the officer ask him to walk the line,he asked if he could crawl it instead,a night in the cells ensued for both of us,i got nervous as there was a few dodgy looking types in there.

This will surely get you a night in the clink, the officer said your drunk I said thank God for that I thought something wrong with the car

• Haha 1