Which Iphone to buy in Thailand

LowKey

Looking to purchase my first Iphone, would appreciate any comments.

My ideal Iphone would have:

1. 6" screen

2. Ability to install 2 micro SIMs, no eSIMs

3. Have VoLTE frequencies

4. Utility in Thailand and the US

Is it better to purchase in Thailand or the US?

Been looking at the Iphone 11 series

Any suggestions?

7 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

I've had the iPhone 11 since it was released in Thailand.

Very happy with it.

An all around great phone. 

+1 - I have bought top of the range iPhones in the past, but this time I bought the regular 11, Its a bit on the heavy side, but the point is I don't feel the need to buy the pro model, with its horrendous price tag.

Im not too sure about your additional requirements, you might want the max model if you want a big screen. I'm not too sure any have dual sims - I think one is eSIM. I don't think it makes too much difference to the price wether you buy it in the US or TH.

I am very happy with my refurbished  Iphone 6, bought on Amazon UK.  Works  very well.  It has a UK sim in it, but will take a Thai sim as it is unlocked.  Cost was 5,000 Baht    

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1

I too use the 11 pro max... but.. here’s my take.. I think it is very possible for you to get a solid, reliable and reasonably priced earlier model iPhone.... but... what I tell people to also think about is Apples planned length of support - meaning continuing updates of the iOS to their level of device.

While having or buying a device that no longer gets regular iOS updates doesn’t mean that the device is now unusable, it’s not, only that you’ll find that security issues may become problematic and over time, more and more apps that you may have won’t work as the apps require more and more correct iOS to run.

... but not everyone cares about this or doesn’t really use the Apple app ecosystem...

to me, the sweet spot in terms of price and features is somewhere in the iPhone 8 range - specially since the just launched iPhone SE will effectively take the place of the iPhone 8.. making it a discontinued device...   I might also think the newest SE is also a good buy at the US into price of $399... you get a pretty solid phone with their current generation processor, but without some of the more high end features that would otherwise add to the price.

Your biggest No-Go is #2. iPhone uses nano-SIM, not micro-SIM and there is one nano, not two.

All current iPhones are world phones #4, and support a long list of frequencies.

• FDD‑LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 29, 30, 66, 71)
  • TD‑LTE (Bands 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46, 48)
  • CDMA EV‑DO Rev. A (800, 1900 MHz)
  • UMTS/HSPA+/DC‑HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
  • GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

11 Pro Max is the only one with a screen big enough for you.

Edited by PeteDaKat

On 4/18/2020 at 2:39 PM, Nanaplaza666 said:

I heard there is a new iphone called SE or something like that , it's around €500 so quit cheap compared to other models and they say it runs on the same software and hardware as the iphone 10 , so in my opinion a good buy . 

There's been an SE on the market for years, they've announced an updated one, but it's not available in Thailand yet.

On 4/17/2020 at 8:31 AM, Liverpoolfan said:

I've had the iPhone 11 since it was released in Thailand.

Very happy with it.

An all around great phone. 

The TGF was very happy with her iPhone X 256GB until three days ago when she put it on the car, got started and it fell under the wheel.

Crack. Crunch.

She rushed yesterday to the iPhone office in Ubon (their store at Central is closed).

Total loss, of course, plus it's locked and they couldn't even get the data out.

Bought the 11 256GB. THB 39500.

Happy again but complains that the 11 is bigger and heavier than the X.

Before the X she had the Samsung S5 that she too put on the car roof. That one survived a short trip to the market (rubberized protective cover).

The S4 before the 5 fell from her purse. Kaput.

But I have seen her X hitting hard ground several time with no apparent damage (it had a nice protective shell)

And who buys these unfortunate smart phones?

One guess ...  ????

Just Looking in. Being 100 % Apple Family. Cant figure out why some folks bring up their cheapo s in an Apple Forum. They must be the same mentality as the Ting Tongs in the Motoring Section that tell BM Owners their Suzuki Mini Car does the same Job. As for what Model i have i get fed up asking Family WHATS THIS ONE CALLED.I Never remember, just change it for best new one when the Battery needs renewing. Love Em never had a prob.

An iPhone with two phisical sim card (2x nano) options are sold by Apple in Hong Kong and main land China.

But these models are also available in MBK or online on Shopee. (iPhone 11, 11 Pro & 11 Pro Max)

https://www.apple.com/hk/en/iphone-11-pro/specs/

https://support.apple.com/en-hk/HT209086

Edited by Lammbock
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

iphones has embarrassing specs, specially battery size,

i have personally not seen an iphone user that doesnt spend most

of her life charging the phone

Perhaps its because they didn't buy a genuine replacement Battery.Apple Staff enjoy pointing that out." The Seals Broken You No fit Apple Battery, Guarantee Void too". Spend Life Charging ?. Just chuck it into the house Thing that charges soon as you drop it in. Same in the Car, Plus its hands free for Apple Car Play.

3 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Perhaps its because they didn't buy a genuine replacement Battery.Apple Staff enjoy pointing that out." The Seals Broken You No fit Apple Battery, Guarantee Void too". Spend Life Charging ?. Just chuck it into the house Thing that charges soon as you drop it in. Same in the Car, Plus its hands free for Apple Car Play.

i dont have interest or memory to chuck it in whenever possible,

i can make it a habit to do it over night hopefully, but that is as far i can ever stretch it.

pity i cant get my hands on well hung ulefone 13000 mah these days,

functionality is assured for a week meaning i will remember to charge it in a timely manner

before its ded, but these days they shorthand customers with underdeveloped 6500 mah version,

that with a doubling of iphone microhung still is underwhelming

On 4/26/2020 at 12:02 AM, pineapple01 said:

Just Looking in. Being 100 % Apple Family. Cant figure out why some folks bring up their cheapo s in an Apple Forum. They must be the same mentality as the Ting Tongs in the Motoring Section that tell BM Owners their Suzuki Mini Car does the same Job. 

Because the op requires 2 sims. So apple.no good for him. Thats why posters are advising other phones.

Had apple, hated it.

Samsung great but no battery life.

Now vivo. Very good. long battery life. 2 sims. Easy to use.

Edited by Sujo

Just now, Sujo said:

Because the op requires 2 sims. So apple.no good for him. Thats why posters are advising other phones.

Had apple, hated it.

Samsung great but no battery life.

Now vivo. Very good.

galaxy m30s has 6000 mah on aliexpress, just <deleted>ty timing for me meant i wouldnt have gotten it delivered in a timely manner, now stuck with oppo a9 5000 mah as the best i could get quickly

in thailand on lazada

13 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

i dont have interest or memory to chuck it in whenever possible,

i can make it a habit to do it over night hopefully, but that is as far i can ever stretch it.

pity i cant get my hands on well hung ulefone 13000 mah these days,

functionality is assured for a week meaning i will remember to charge it in a timely manner

before its ded, but these days they shorthand customers with underdeveloped 6500 mah version,

that with a doubling of iphone microhung still is underwhelming

I dont have enough Money for a Lambo , but no one gives a Rats Ass. 

3 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

I dont have enough Money for a Lambo , but no one gives a Rats Ass. 

moto g7 power is a 5k thb phone with 5000 mah,

but since no shop is open and i cant read thai websites i just cant get it here

Edited by brokenbone

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is the Apple forum to talk about Apple products. I am 100% Apple and I believe Apple does not charge enough for their stuff - it is that good! If you are buying on price only, go to a different area, this is the Apple forum for people who know value.

My suggestion for the OP - buy the new SE when it comes to Thailand. Same innards as an iPhone 11, you lose some things (like FaceID). Also, with eSIM you can have your two SIMs (one physical) in an iPhone.

Have fun!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, MisterBKK said:

My suggestion for the OP - buy the new SE when it comes to Thailand. Same innards as an iPhone 11, you lose some things (like FaceID). Also, with eSIM you can have your two SIMs (one physical) in an iPhone.

Have fun!

I agree. You can order it now, it’s been available for preorder since May 13th, the original delivery has been moved up by a week.

I decided to have Apple make a charitable contribution with my purchase.320AB2E5-A88C-474A-8E21-B9E8C90C38E3.jpeg.42996b604a5192d7f3565a66ad85ab36.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 9:51 AM, sometimewoodworker said:

I agree. You can order it now, it’s been available for preorder since May 13th, the original delivery has been moved up by a week.

I decided to have Apple make a charitable contribution with my purchase.320AB2E5-A88C-474A-8E21-B9E8C90C38E3.jpeg.42996b604a5192d7f3565a66ad85ab36.jpeg

Mine was delivered on Saturday evening. 
EAA7BAB3-C01E-498A-86C8-464AD3A766BF.jpeg.0e1280834b464dc9d96353e60c6c9e4b.jpeg

you can collect one from the Apple store tomorrow 

B4A1636E-5615-4C8B-95E6-25F7B93F46CE.thumb.jpeg.e6df17545c927cb258a0a8147599a9b3.jpeg