Makro from Chalong

Badrabbit

This lockdown is silly.  Thais don't adhere so why should I. 

I see people crossing from Chalong dam to Karon over the mountain. Also next to it is another dirt road to Nanai Rd. 

Thais just take the non conventional roads and dirt trails. 

I tried the road from Karon Temple up and over the mountain to chalong. Went to Villa market and back over again. 

Check out Google maps and you'll find a lot of little secret roads like the one from Kata to Naiharn going through Soi Pakjae. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, hansgruber said:

I see people crossing from Chalong dam to Karon over the mountain. Also next to it is another dirt road to Nanai Rd. 

I tried the road from Karon Temple up and over the mountain to chalong. Went to Villa market and back over again. 

Check out Google maps and you'll find a lot of little secret roads like the one from Kata to Naiharn going through Soi Pakjae. 

Up to them.

I really don't want to get involved in those silly games.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Flame post removed.

If you cant be civil dont post !

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

• Thanks 1

Yes I do not get also the point of allowing to go everywhere on foot but nowhere on a vehicle. I think is related to the view in Thailand that going on foot is a repudiable way of moving?

Anyone knows how is it for bicycles? i.e. can they go anywhere like people walking or nowhere like vehicles?

Other than that I also went to Makro from Chalong walking. I go around everywhere walking. I think I could also find small roads to go to places but I prefer to avoid it at the moment since I feel too annoyed to be stopped here and there and questioned. So instead of being worried I just walk at the moment. Let's see.

5 minutes ago, federicoP said:

And what about reaching Lotus Tesco from Rawai ?

In spite of beeing inside the Rawai municipality limit, it appears to be just after the check-point

If you can walk from circle to Makro, so past the checkpoint, and return it seems obvious the other way will be possible as well.

And from my wife's experience, parking at Makro and going to supercheap just before the circle is being allowed.

Edited by stevenl

1 hour ago, federicoP said:

And what about reaching Lotus Tesco from Rawai ?

In spite of beeing inside the Rawai municipality limit, it appears to be just after the check-point

The checkpoint is at the circle so those in Chalong can't go to Supercheap nor Makro (theoretically).  Those shops and the Tesco in between should be available to people in Rawai.

On 4/19/2020 at 10:04 AM, hansgruber said:

@hansgruber

Your actions are precisely those which lockdown is supposed to stop.

We're not supposed to spread the virus.
Since 40% of cases are asymptomatic you, or someone you come in close contact with, may have the virus without knowing it.
Your actions could spread coronavirus from Karon to Chalong. Well done. 

@Badrabbit
The above applies to you as well. You could go to Villa Market and stop the spread of the virus. I'd love to go to Villa from Rawai but, hey, we're actually in lockdown.

Edited by Tapster
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tapster said:

@hansgruber

Your actions are precisely those which lockdown is supposed to stop.

We're not supposed to spread the virus.
Since 40% of cases are asymptomatic you, or someone you come in close contact with, may have the virus without knowing it.
Your actions could spread coronavirus from Karon to Chalong. Well done. 

@Badrabbit
The above applies to you as well. You could go to Villa Market and stop the spread of the virus. I'd love to go to Villa from Rawai but, hey, we're actually in lockdown.

Does not apply to me as I tried and got turned away, I did not attempt to walk to Makro.