Super cheap phones

steevjee

Does anyone know about those super cheap phones you see in some 7-11s and outside Tesco, Big C etc.

They're obviously locked to a telco but must you sign up to a plan in order to get them at those prices? Also are you able to have them unlocked either in Thailand or say in Australia?

6 minutes ago, steevjee said:

but must you sign up to a plan in order to get them at those prices? Also are you able to have them unlocked either in Thailand or say in Australia?

Yes you must sign up...I had no success trying to unlock (SIM lock) a couple of my families phones using free software..obviously didn't try the pay software as that's against (cheap Charlie) principles ????

Just did a Google translate of True Move offers at 7/11.

* 100 GB full speed free internet with unlimited calls to the network for the first month After that, the following month, the system will automatically deduct the package 100 baht per month and receive 20 GB of full speed internet with unlimited calls to the network for up to 12 months.

So sounds like 100 Baht per month topup or SIM will stop working?

No idea what happens after 12 months.

• 2 weeks later...

i didnt do any research and hadnt had a phone for a couple of years,

so i bought a pos that was recommended to me.

it turned out the battery wouldnt even last a full day and

the memory was so small so the phone constantly warned of insufficient memory,

occasionally froze altogether and if i wanted an app i had to uninstall another app first.

dont ever bother with cheapass phones, oppo a9 comes at 8 gb ram & 5000 mah battery,

6.7k bht on lazada, i can recommend it, and any phone with those specs.

the battery size determine if the phone will remain functional over the day

and memory determine if the sucker will function properly also,

specially if you thought an app comes handy.

its is actually above standard, and you really should avoid lower specs

like you would avoid corona & hiv virus.

i never brought the phone with me since the battery would go flat if i disconnected  it from a charger, one of my worst deals in life that was my fault

Ask yourself why those phones are cheap. Lots of apps are pre-installed especially for Thai people and most of the apps can't be un-installed. The phones also have a very low amount of RAM and storage. They are imo useless. It's better to buy a better phone at Lazada.