Non O border run COVID19 Part 2

Hello,

I asked this question recently but didn't get much of a response, which is a bit odd on this forum. Anyway, there have been a few different changes and announcements from immigration since then so will ask again.

I am currently on a multiple entry one year non-0 visa. The visa expires at the end of July but my current stamp expires on April 28. I would normally have done a border hop to Cambodia and receive three more months upon re-entering, however with the borders closed this is not possible at the moment.

I read in a Pattaya Mail article this morning that the new automatic visa extension (COVID 19) laws do not apply to non-o visas, people with a Thai spouse, but that could just apply to one year visas that are expiring. Do I have to turn up at immigration before my stamp expires or do I qualify for the automatic stamp extension due to the fact that my visa will still be valid? Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

• Haha 1

you have a free virus auto extension until the 31st July,

when the free auto extensions stop you can then do a 60 day visit Thai wife extension as normal, as long as you have not done one this entry

• Like 1

You are safe till 31 july. Im kind of in the same situation with you. The government official website Order no 9 clearly puts non-o visa type in this 3 month auto expansion. 

Although some borders are opened last saturday. Im not sure if its only for Thai nationals. I think its not for farangs.

Shortly: you are safe till 31 july

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

You are safe till 31 july. Im kind of in the same situation with you. The government official website Order no 9 clearly puts non-o visa type in this 3 month auto expansion. 

Although some borders are opened last saturday. Im not sure if its only for Thai nationals. I think its not for farangs.

Shortly: you are safe till 31 july

Thank you.

26 minutes ago, Scoobydoo1 said:

Thank you.

You are welcome and enjoy your free 3 months ????

Although i strongly suggest to do your new visa or new 90 days as soon as possible, can you imagine how many farangs will be in savanakhet to do visa? I scare embassy there will take some actions such as appointment or likewise. They sure know whats coming!

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

You are welcome and enjoy your free 3 months ????

Although i strongly suggest to do your new visa or new 90 days as soon as possible, can you imagine how many farangs will be in savanakhet to do visa? I scare embassy there will take some actions such as appointment or likewise. They sure know whats coming!

Well I went to Ho Chi Minh last year for the first time to do mine, very smooth and no queues. Great city to visit as well.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Scoobydoo1 said:

Well I went to Ho Chi Minh last year for the first time to do mine, very smooth and no queues. Great city to visit as well.

Agree. However my guess re Vietnam will be that they will be more cautious than some other ASEAN countries re opening up their airports and borders. I was Saigon march 18 and they were closing the joint down.I have flight June 12 to Saigon. I doubt very much that it will happen even though I have a multi tourist for Vietnam.

Problemfarang makes good point in post #5. I think the reason Thai extended the amnesty to July 31 (much longer than the popular guesses) was to enable gradual exit from Thailand for border bounce and visas. The visa exempt guys will flood borders late July.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steve187 said:

you have a free virus auto extension until the 31st July,

when the free auto extensions stop you can then do a 60 day visit Thai wife extension as normal, as long as you have not done one this entry

you have a free virus auto extension until the 31st July,.......You're WRONG There Steve,I Had to go to my Local Immigration on Monday last to try & get my FREE Extension, I Was Told NO,But You can pay 1900 Baht & I'll give you a 60 Day Spouse Extension.....

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Scoobydoo1 said:

Thank you.

Be Very Careful Mate, I Was Denied a FREE Extension last Monday ( I Have the SAME Non-Imm " O " Visa as You ) But The IO Only Offered the 60 Day Spouse Extension for which I had to pay the 1900 Baht....

I Was offered the Yearly Extension but Alas Couldn't meet the Financial Requirements....

Edited by Nong Khai Man
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nong Khai Man said:

you have a free virus auto extension until the 31st July,.......You're WRONG There Steve,I Had to go to my Local Immigration on Monday last to try & get my FREE Extension, I Was Told NO,But You can pay 1900 Baht & I'll give you a 60 Day Spouse Extension.....

i didn't say you would get a free virus auto extension

21 hours ago, Scoobydoo1 said:

I would agree, for me it was far easier than going to Laos.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Scoobydoo1 said:

Thank you.

Don't confuse a Non-immigrant O, 1 year extension with a 90 days Non-immigrant O visa. The amnesty covers everything from VOA,30 days visa exempt to 60 days tourist and 90 days Non-O. 

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Me too.

Saigon is much more fun that Laos.

hello,

Can you help me to make the trip to vietnam easy to get a non-o ?

Any hotel near the consulate ?

Any bus direct from airport to consulate / hotel area ?

thank you for your help.

23 hours ago, Scoobydoo1 said:

Can you help also maybe ?

I cannot find reports of NON-O multientry in Vietnam ?

1 hour ago, rech said:

hello,

thank you for your help.

I booked an Airbnb, then ordered a Grab bike, was at the consulate in 15 mins.

2 hours ago, rech said:

hello,

thank you for your help.

You get the city bus from the airport to September 23rd park (end of the line) cost $1 or 20kVND

(don't expect change, carry the right money)

100s of hotels/guesthouses/AirBnB near September park.

The Thai consulate is 1Km north of the park, marked on google maps, an easy walk.

$200 for a Non 'O' marriage multi.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

We went to immigration to try to get the TM30.situation straightened out. They said I am covered re: the automatic extension, and more or less to not worry about the TM 30 much just now.

My step daughter, who owns the house, tried to do the necessary on line, but it did not work.

• Sad 1