Ordering from ebay

Gilsh

Hi,

I want to order this product from ebay to kho pangan:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mosquito-Magnet-MM4200-Patriot-Plus-Mosquito-Trap-/162263319437?ef_id=CjwKCAjw1v_0BRAkEiwALFkj5ijzaX2RhuYbl4FzroOPfIUiWf1SOOQ8AHGW6NYTda3cemOJhLZaDxoCF_oQAvD_BwE:G:s

Is there anyway to know how much i will need to pay to customs? what are the complications? would i have to go physically to the custom office?

Thank you :) 

Does the seller do the eBay duty-paid system (sorry I don't recall what it's called)?

Otherwise budget 20% of CIF plus VAT @ 7%

Also note, it will be 120V 60Hz which will go phut on the Thai power supply of 220V 50Hz.

Nothing similar available here?

• Like 1

Thank you for replaying!

its the GSP (Global Shipping program) calculates the customs inside the price?

I found the item in thailand for 35,000 bhat!! thats almost 3 times its cost in the US

it will be 120V 60Hz which will go phut on the Thai power supply of 220V 50Hz

Thank you so much, I will check

• Like 1

If it is shipping through the Thaipost system, the item (usually) will be held at your local Post Office for payment of duty etc.

I think if you order to KPG is stops in surat thani, can anyone confirm?

7 minutes ago, Gilsh said:

its the GSP (Global Shipping program) calculates the customs inside the price?

Yeah, that's the name (senior moment there). 

I've ordered stuff in the past using GSP and DHL and it's arrived with nothing extra to pay (no refund either).

Just now, Gilsh said:

I think if you order to KPG is stops in surat thani, can anyone confirm?

There are easy telephone and email contacts for thaipost pinned at the top of the forum, get it from the horses mouth.

Friday I sent a parcel 2.4kg boys clothes and a couple of toy cars cost inc box £54 customs 30% of everything that is how much declared how much insured how much postal cost (2386bt) inc 7% vat total £114 to send a £120 parcel so I sure as hell won't be doing that again???? 

• Sad 1

My luck receiving from Ebay has gone from almost 100% to about 30-40% over the last 4 years - all the primo stuff gets picked off....Mundane stuff arrived.....

Edited by pgrahmm

Well, you are lucky if you ever receive your order.

I had ordered 3 items from eBay but none have ever arrived, so I simply quit using eBay.

(Of course, some of you were lucky enough to get your orders.)

On 4/22/2020 at 5:00 PM, Crossy said:

Yeah, that's the name (senior moment there). 

I've ordered stuff in the past using GSP and DHL and it's arrived with nothing extra to pay (no refund either).

In a way its quite good to know before what you pay instead of chancing it. I like having the option especially with larger things. I am waiting for some edifier luna speakers for my computer all the way from UK (locally on lazada all the sellers were sold out even though lazada said it was in stock). 

I like how good it tracks and tht i am sure that i dont have to go to customs again. I know for a fact that bigger boxes of stuff are usually stopped and checked.

On 4/22/2020 at 8:08 PM, garrya said:

Well, you are lucky if you ever receive your order.

I had ordered 3 items from eBay but none have ever arrived, so I simply quit using eBay.

(Of course, some of you were lucky enough to get your orders.)

Mine always arrive only ones that have problems is stuff from Chinese sellers. I ordered 100's of things from Ebay even more then my lazada use.

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Mine always arrive only ones that have problems is stuff from Chinese sellers. I ordered 100's of things from Ebay even more then my lazada use.

It's just simply shocking to see this much difference between our experiences. 

Not one item have I ever received from eBay. Hence, I had to quit using them. You either work for Thai Post in a very high position or you know every single person at Customs. Either way, well done mate.

As for Chinese orders, I have ordered dozens of times using Lazada, or Aliexpress but those Chinese sellers have always delivered. The only issue is  the speed of shipping on Aliexpress.

1 hour ago, garrya said:

It's just simply shocking to see this much difference between our experiences. 

Not one item have I ever received from eBay. Hence, I had to quit using them. You either work for Thai Post in a very high position or you know every single person at Customs. Either way, well done mate.

As for Chinese orders, I have ordered dozens of times using Lazada, or Aliexpress but those Chinese sellers have always delivered. The only issue is  the speed of shipping on Aliexpress.

No just a simple Dutch guy. I do however give my postman a JW black label bottle each year for good services. As i seldom lose any packages. What I have found is that how well things get delivered depends on where you live. I live in a gated village in Nonthaburi outskirts of BKK.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

No just a simple Dutch guy. I do however give my postman a JW black label bottle each year for good services. As i seldom lose any packages. What I have found is that how well things get delivered depends on where you live. I live in a gated village in Nonthaburi outskirts of BKK.

I bet it's considered a sort of "hi-so" place so things don't often disappear. 

Down in the south it's a hit and miss. Missing parcels, serious delays and sometimes(!) arrival on time. Even tracked deliveries diappear sometimes. I had an iherb delivery that stopped after Customs had cleared it,  but no one could locate it for a few weeks. But I got it with a month delay. My mother sent me a parcel some time ago, it showed up 5 months late. 

Edited by garrya
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, garrya said:

I bet it's considered a sort of "hi-so" place so things don't often disappear. 

Down in the south it's a hit and miss. Missing parcels, serious delays and sometimes(!) arrival on time. Even tracked deliveries diappear sometimes. I had an iherb delivery that stopped after Customs had cleared it,  but no one could locate it for a few weeks. But I got it with a month delay. My mother sent me a parcel some time ago, it showed up 5 months late. 

I would not call it hi so the houses are not free standing but build in a row. I think rents would be around 8000-10000 for a house. So not too bad. But its a nice place. I think that because its close to BKK and more developed things are more serious work wise.

I almost never lose any parcels so I am quite happy with ordering stuff from ebay. I look at lazada first ofcourse.