Job loss and Non B Visa

My employer arranged a non-imm B visa for me which according to the stamp in my passport is valid until Feb 2021.  But now due to the pandemic my employment could possibly be ending soon.  If I do indeed lose my employment does my permission to stay until Feb 2021 get automatically revoked immediately?  And if so will I be covered by the July 31 visa amnesty?

i'll ramble until you get a real answer.  

1.  I think Non-B is only like 3 months, which is yours (not related to school)

2.  you MUST have a work permit, i think, to get a stamp that far out

3.  If you have a work permit and they terminate you...check your contract and even go to the labor department in July.  You're OK until July 31st no matter what

4.  they might have to send you a letter with 30-days notice, I think it's hard to cancel contracts if you have a work permit.  then you might even get a month's severance.....check all this out. 

5.  don't make it easy on them....don't sign stuff just to be nice.  

6.  How do you know it is ending soon?

So, they told you it's ending soon?  Those details are important

If you don't have a work permit (I think you do with a stamp for next year)......then your contract might be worthless.  

if you have a work permit.....they need to follow the laws

either way, July 31st at the earliest even if they fire you today.  

If you are approved to stay until Feb. 2021, you must be on an Extension of Stay to your Visa. 

Your Extension of Stay ends when your job ends. What is your plan going forward - find another job ? Leave Thailand ASAP ? Stay here indefinitely ?

(Some sort of technical problem - I don't know where that "Quote" box came from & I can't delete it.)

Edited by allane
x

54 minutes ago, elabuelo said:

If I do indeed lose my employment does my permission to stay until Feb 2021 get automatically revoked immediately?

The extension of your permit to stay will end when you job ends.

54 minutes ago, elabuelo said:

And if so will I be covered by the July 31 visa amnesty?

Yes

19 hours ago, elabuelo said:

Yes, I have a work permit.  They haven't told me my job will end soon, just rumors at this point due to the dire economic situation here in LOS and worldwide.   Trying to plan ahead.

Just relax, you're covered by the amnesty if you eventually lose your job. Sit tight and wait it out,you can't leave anyway.