Overstay and police report

1 minute ago, Tayida said:

Good evening Jackdd:: my visa expires three days before the amnesty. Do you think I can fill out the report?

Do you mean that your permission to stay expired March 23? You need to be clear.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tayida said:

Good evening Jackdd:: my visa expires three days before the amnesty. Do you think I can fill out the report?

The automaic extension only applies to people who had valid permission to stay until at least 26th March.

In case your permission to stay expired on 23rd March you are on 1 month overstay by now.

We had one person in another thread who was in a similar situation and the IO only fined him until 26th March for his overstay though.

But imho this is not what the ministerial order says and another IO might see this different.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The automaic extension only applies to people who had valid permission to stay until at least 26th March.

In case your permission to stay expired on 23rd March you are on 1 month overstay by now.

We had one person in another thread who was in a similar situation and the IO only fined him until 26th March for his overstay though.

But imho this is not what the ministerial order says and another IO might see this different.

Wow:one month.this is something I don't know and understand. Thanks for clarify it. Now I need to fill out the report: do you think will be possible?

6 minutes ago, Tayida said:

Good evening BritTim: my visa expires on 21/March.

It's still not really clear, because there is a difference between "visa expiry date" and "permission to stay" date.

Post a picture of the latest stamps in your passport, then it's possible to give you a precise answer.

3 minutes ago, Tayida said:

Wow:one month.this is something I don't know and understand. Thanks for clarify it. Now I need to fill out the report: do you think will be possible?

Why do you want to attend a police station? If you lost your passport then there is probably not much choice...

For everything else and if you are indeed on one month overstay i would avoid going to a police station. Even if the chance to end up in IDC is small, i would not risk it (especially not now), because it could mean a few weeks in IDC until you have an option to fly back home. (Google image search: "thailand idc" to get an impression)

• Like 1

I know Jackdd, but the missing items are related to the bank I have here in Thailand and need the report to let the bank issue new documents. Without, I have money in bank and stuck in it and cannot take it out. Do you think a small police station up in some villages can be more safer? I really appreciate your answers.

If you are just going to report a lost bank book or something, I doubt the police will look at anything other than the data page of your passport.

I would still advise you to be clear on your overstay situation. Jack and I are suspicious that you do not know the difference between a visa and a permission to stay. The visa is completely irrelevant at this stage. It is only the permission to stay that is important. As Jack advised you, if you want to be confident of your status, scan the most recent stamps placed in your passport by immigration (not an embassy/consulate outside Thailand). That will allow us to identify the end date of your permission to stay.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1

Good morning Brittim: you are right, I have to report a lost book bank and ATM card as they were in the same bank bag. I will try to post a photo of the vsa if I find a PC as this phone is not working so well. I was on Non O visa and is stated "permission of stay permitted up to 21  March 2020".

OP, I'm sorry to say that your on overstay. 

Your permission of stay stamp will have an until date 21 March. The amnesty does not apply to your situation. Keep in mind the amnesty want announced till something like April 6. 

I think the fella that BritTim referred to and was only fined up to March 26 had negating circumstances and was lucky.

Sounds money tight but if I was in your situation attend immigration. The problem is that you would be best to have the cash on you. Your almost one overstay now or

Hopefully they will only fine you 21 -26 so 4 days. I hope they show compassion.

Good luck.

Hi Dr.Jack 54. I just need to fill the report, get my book bank and atm make as new and take my money. After when the international flights will reopen I will flight back and if I will be banned is just my fault. The first worry is the police man at the police station if he will check out my visa too. After will think how to solve the overstaym But without the report I cannot get access to my account.

In my opinion if you were in the country on March26th you can stay until the July 31st. The only difference is being on a overstay in the OP's case which needs to be taken care of but there is no extension he could apply for now unless he married to or the parent of a Thai. If not then he will have to sort out the overstay when he is able to leave the country.

7 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Go to another branch,tell them your dog ate your bank book,no need a police report

1770 said even with police report and all information cannot get a new one in another branch.

7 minutes ago, Tayida said:

1770 said even with police report and all information cannot get a new one in another branch.

I did exactly the same with Kasikorn,My account is in Pattaya,but I got a new bank book in Ban Bueng,told them some BS story,that was in November 2019

• Like 1

Depends on the bank. Some are more flexible than others when it comes to having to travel to your account's home branch. From my experience, for example, having to go back to your account opening branch is much more likely with Bangkok Bank than with Kasikorn Bank.

34 minutes ago, Caldera said:

From my experience, for example, having to go back to your account opening branch is much more likely with Bangkok Bank than with Kasikorn Bank.

Not correct for Bangkok bank. I can say that from personal experience. I have gotten more than one new bank book due to them getting full at a local branch for an account done at a branch in another province. Same for bank statements and bank letters for my extension.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not correct for Bangkok bank. I can say that from personal experience. I have gotten more than one new bank book due to them getting full at a local branch for an account done at a branch in another province. Same for bank statements and bank letters for my extension.

Same for me.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tayida said:

I know Jackdd, but the missing items are related to the bank I have here in Thailand and need the report to let the bank issue new documents. Without, I have money in bank and stuck in it and cannot take it out. Do you think a small police station up in some villages can be more safer? I really appreciate your answers.

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you extend your stay when your permission to stay expired March 21? Do you think playing dumb will help you when the immigration officer tells you that you're on overstay?

9 hours ago, Caldera said:

Depends on the bank. Some are more flexible than others when it comes to having to travel to your account's home branch. From my experience, for example, having to go back to your account opening branch is much more likely with Bangkok Bank than with Kasikorn Bank.

I would say it's the opposite. 

10 hours ago, Tayida said:

Report done: as I suppose I cannot request a new book bank and or ATM if not where I open the bank account, just wait I can travel to Pattaya.

If your official address isn't in Pattaya,then you have to wait until the lockdown is over. They won't let you inside Banglamung district. 

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The difference is you are still in possession of bank passbook.

With a lost passbook it is Kasikorn policy to return to original branch of issue for a new passbook.

Edited by cleopatra2