Lockdown Ending. Pattaya.

Sharp

19 minutes ago, champers said:

You are assuming that a Governor can act independantly and is not taking orders from their master in Bangkok.

Many of the governors ARE acting independently. The Phuket governor, who has now been transferred to Phetchaburi, introduced a policy between Apr 13 and 26 to go door to door, to conduct temperature screening of ALL Phuket residents. Apparently this has also been happening in parts of Krabi, but I doubt there is a plan to do this nationwide due to the obvious difficulties in conducting it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drbeach said:

Many of the governors ARE acting independently. The Phuket governor, who has now been transferred to Phetchaburi, introduced a policy between Apr 13 and 26 to go door to door, to conduct temperature screening of ALL Phuket residents. Apparently this has also been happening in parts of Krabi, but I doubt there is a plan to do this nationwide due to the obvious difficulties in conducting it.

As I understand it, there is a nationwide scheme in villages accross Thailand to test door to door. There was an article about it in the Bangkok Post recently but forum rules mean I cannot link it here. You should be able to find it yourself if you want to.

There are some in Pattaya who think the city's populace is going to be guinea pigs for the rest of the nation by relaxation of restrictions from May 1st. Not my view, but who knows.

1 minute ago, champers said:

As I understand it, there is a nationwide scheme in villages accross Thailand to test door to door. There was an article about it in the Bangkok Post recently but forum rules mean I cannot link it here. You should be able to find it yourself if you want to.

There are some in Pattaya who think the city's populace is going to be guinea pigs for the rest of the nation by relaxation of restrictions from May 1st. Not my view, but who knows.

Screenshot_20200423-225014.thumb.jpg.ac62a14a1846aab2afa382cc40f9ceb0.jpg

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, champers said:

No details have emerged as yet. I believe any steps are with or subject to approval from above.

The governor will do what he's told to by his Bangkok overlords or he will be replaced

Edited by ukrules