Light diesel

No the village petrol/gas stations , wind up fill a glass container, used to sell light diesel for Kubota style farm tractors. Just wondered if they still do.

Edited by VocalNeal

8 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

No the village petrol/gas stations , wind up fill a glass container, used to sell light diesel for Kubota style farm tractors. Just wondered if they still do.

Yes, they is one at the end of our Soi, plus a few about the area, not doing so well with the drop of fuel prices they are not very competitive ,and they have always been 3-5 baht/liter dearer than our local PTT fuel station, my next door neighbor uses this place for diesel his Kwie Lec, but most sell petrol, not many sell diesel. 

Now we have the new version small  self-service pumps feed notes in and get the fuel out very popular ,but still 3-4baht dearer per liter   than the  big petrol stations,  Somchie's wife likes them she  can put 20 bahts worth of fule in , enough for their  Wave  to go to the market and back. 

Well with all this stay at home stuff I thought I would make some DIY Seafoam. Light or pale oil is one ingredient so I thought of the light diesel that is or used to be available upcountry. failing that I'll use something else.

On 4/25/2020 at 1:47 PM, VocalNeal said:

Well with all this stay at home stuff I thought I would make some DIY Seafoam. Light or pale oil is one ingredient so I thought of the light diesel that is or used to be available upcountry. failing that I'll use something else.

If you only need a small amount why not get a container of WD40 (if they have it here) and add sewing machine oil.   Back in Australia I used to buy 5L containers of WD40 and a few WD40 spray bottles from industrial suppliers....which would suggest you try some big industrial supply houses in Chonburi or Rayong to get it.

Yes I had in my previous workshop a 5l can of WD-40. Can't remember off the top of my head where I got it.

I'm going to use ATF. Can use regular diesel but I remembered light diesel from some previous life.:-)