Rolling Stones release lockdown-inspired new song Living In A Ghost Town

snoop1130

Rolling Stones release lockdown-inspired new song Living In A Ghost Town

By Russell Hope

skynews-jagger-mick-rolling_4623490.jpg

The Stones, playing in Marseille in 2018, have released their first new single in eight years

The Rolling Stones have released their first new single in eight years, a tune that reflects life in the coronavirus lockdown.

Living In A Ghost Town, a bluesy composition which was "finished in isolation", according to the band's Twitter page, includes lyrics such as "life was so beautiful, then we all got locked down".

Singer Sir Mick Jagger said that they started working on the track before the pandemic forced much of the world into lockdown and decided to release it because it would "resonate with the times we're living in".

In a video posted on social media, Sir Mick, 76, said: "So we were in the studio, the Stones recorded some new material before the lockdown and there was one song I thought would resonate with the times we're living in which is called Living In A Ghost Town.

Full Story: https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-rolling-stones-release-lockdown-inspired-new-song-living-in-a-ghost-town-11977854

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Do you remember the good old days before the ghost town? 
We danced and sang, and the music played in a de boomtown

The lyrics to this classic are just as relevant to the current situation as they were in the early 80s.

Edited by torturedsole
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 4:26 PM, car720 said:

Wine, women and lots of song, just to mention a few.

Perpetually Pickled and self embalmed I would think, of course it's just Life according to Richards...good book by the way

Image result for life by keith richards

Edited by ThailandRyan

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Perpetually Pickled and self embalmed I would think, of course it's just Life according to Richards...good book by the way

Image result for life by keith richards

I agree.  Life was much simpler then.  Now we are told we must stop everything in order to live longer because we have an obligation to support the young.

• Like 1