Collaboration. Visa expiring May-Jul auto extended to July 31.

See:     https://th.usembassy.gov/health-alert-u-s-embassy-bangkok-thailand-april-22-2020/

"On April 21, the Royal Thai Government approved automatic visa extensions for foreign nationals whose visas expire between 30 April 2020 and 31 July 2020.  Visas will be extended automatically until 31 July 2020.  The measure will be implemented officially when the decree is published in the Royal Gazette.  We anticipate this will occur in the next few days.  The measure applies to all “non-O” visa types including visa exemption (i.e. tourists who entered and received a 30-day visa) and visas-on-arrival.  If you have a valid visa, you do not need to visit an immigration office in order to benefit from the automatic visa extension.

"For those foreign nationals who are staying in Thailand for over 90 days and must submit a Notification of Residence and the deadline is between 30 April 2020 and 31 July 2020, the deadline has been extended to 31 July 2020.

"If your visa expired on March 26 (the date of the initial “amnesty”) or earlier and you do not have a valid visa, you will need to visit the nearest local immigration office to request a visa – which is then eligible for future automatic extensions – and you may be subject to an overstay fine."

Aside:  Have not been able to find any Bangkok Post, the daily newspaper, on sale at 3 outlets that always had extra copies in the late afternoon in the pre-CoVid days.  Such a venerable newspaper would help to give credence to the above info.

Your comment raised a pet peeve.  Namely, it is very difficult, very slow to read thaivisa.com .  To reply to your comment, I just now had to wait about 15 minutes for the reply box to appear.

Problem 1.  This web site is full of ads and a pop-up video on every new page, that I always clicked to close.  Might be the web site's fault, or a google intrusion.  I noticed ads for products that I already bought on lazada.  When I read a thread, it jumps around interrupting my reading due to more ad photos loading up.  I only come to this web site, when I have a serious problem.  

Problem 2.  My internet service provider is 3BB.  It offered fiber connections.  But, at the 3BB office, the rep said, no fiber, only the slowest internet connection, to your 5-year old condo building.  It is faster than when I was in a hotel, at night.

Problem 3.  The few times that I tried to read an entire thread, about 80 percent was either non-related, make no sense, speculated on the meaning, or spun onto a different topic.  In short, mostly a waste of time.

So, the point is that reading other threads would take me several hours. 

Reading the titles of the other thread, they lacked being explicit.  Or, maybe they were only stating an aspect of the extension that concerned them.

Also, if you note the title of my thread, I acknowledge that the visa extension is not official.  It is merely another source on the forthcoming possible extension.  I was trying to be helpful to those like me, who only read the titles to get the gist of what is being conveyed.

Thanks for your comment.  But, slow internet, numerous ads, poor titles are just not helpful.

Edited by Grin Grasser
improve the sentence