14 day quarantine arrangement - Chiang Mai

scorecard

Have any TV members flown into Chiang Mai since all incoming foreigners arriving have been subject to the 14 day quarantine?

If yes, would you please share where you had to stay for the 14 days, whether there were any options of location, who paid, and if you aware of options/flexibility for folks in a wheel chair?

Thanks.

Its at home self quarantine, everything is up to you.

Saying that, I don't you'll find much experiences from foreigners on here. Flight arrival ban is still in effect until 30 April. The only foreigners making it in are humanitarian, medical , "special" type people etc

1 minute ago, at15 said:

Its at home self quarantine, everything is up to you.

Saying that, I don't you'll find much experiences from foreigners on here. Flight arrival ban is still in effect until 30 April. The only foreigners making it in are humanitarian, medical , "special" type people etc

Thanks for your post, my situation is that I am a Permanent Resident of Thailand (PR holders have 'priority' to enter, plus I'm in a wheelchair, plus I can show them the house Tabien Baan documents (in main area of Chiang Mai city), plus my adult Thai son will be at airport to pick me up. Hopefully all of that will help to get quarantine at home. 

Thanks again.

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Thanks for your post, my situation is that I am a Permanent Resident of Thailand (PR holders have 'priority' to enter, plus I'm in a wheelchair, plus I can show them the house Tabien Baan documents (in main area of Chiang Mai city), plus my adult Thai son will be at airport to pick me up. Hopefully all of that will help to get quarantine at home. 

Thanks again.

yes should be just fine. this is interesting, you may be one of the first people on the forum to go back and document the experience. what day does your flight arrive and from where? please keep us updated. I am looking to go back mid may.  

1 hour ago, at15 said:

yes should be just fine. this is interesting, you may be one of the first people on the forum to go back and document the experience. what day does your flight arrive and from where? please keep us updated. I am looking to go back mid may.  

Thanks.

Mt flight date not yet confirmed, I'm hoping to be on one of the earliest flights coming in, but:

- Need to get confirmation of a credit for the return flight which AirAsia cancelled. I'll use that credit (about 15,000Baht) for the next ticket, as below. Had a message from AA today to confirm they are processing the credit but probably not completed until end of May 2020.

- The AA flight I want is Sydney to Kuala Lumphur then KL to Chiang Mai and return, but Malaysia have twice closed KL airport including for transit passengers, and waiting again now for that to open up. 

- Need to get some form of permission to exit Australia (I am Oz citizen and right now, without a good reason Oz citizens are banned from flying out), including getting a permission to exit letter from Australian government to present to check-in at Sydney airport.

- Need to get a medical report to present to check-in at Sydney a/port, latest info. that I'm aware of must include a full pathology report saying I've had the full Covid 19 test and I'm not infected, and report cannot be older than 3 days before check-in date. Plus letter must state the person is 'fit to fly'.

- Plus I have to take the med. report to the Thai embassy/consulate in Sydney to get it countersigned/approved to enter Thailand.

- Must have a health insurance policy stating that I have at least US$100,000 cover and policy must state that I am covered for all tests and treatments for Covid 19.

- Plus a bag of letters/documents/ medical reports to return to Australia.

So obviously I'm hoping that when I can decide a date to fly Sydney to Chiang Mai some of the above will have been relaxed. 

7 hours ago, at15 said:

wow surprising a lot of hassle from Australia. im hoping for a mid may return to thailand as well, but more realistic mid june 

Yes some hassle to get out of Oz but much bigger to be able to enter Thailand.

I agree, May is unrealistic. Mid June, even mid July much more realistic.

We wait and see. 

11 hours ago, scorecard said:

- Need to get some form of permission to exit Australia (I am Oz citizen and right now, without a good reason Oz citizens are banned from flying out), including getting a permission to exit letter from Australian government to present to check-in at Sydney airport.

I am also in Australia and would like to return to CM, I am on a retirement visa non O.

As you look on https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/leaving-australia it states that

Under Australian and leaving

You will not need to apply for an exemption if you are: 

• ordinarily resident in a country other than Australia

So I thought that you don't need to request an exemption because you have a resident visa which you can show at the airport.

Cheers Fred

28 minutes ago, molen02 said:

I am also in Australia and would like to return to CM, I am on a retirement visa non O.

As you look on https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/leaving-australia it states that

Under Australian and leaving

You will not need to apply for an exemption if you are: 

• ordinarily resident in a country other than Australia

So I thought that you don't need to request an exemption because you have a resident visa which you can show at the airport.

Cheers Fred

Wow, that's good news, thank you.

Have you found any more recent information about medical/other documents needed to enter Thailand?

I also receive a DVA disability pension and therefore have a DVA Gold card, so I'm fully covered for Covid testing before I depart Australia and I can claim the cost of the test for a med. report to re-enter Australia. 

For the current requirement to show on arrival in Thailand a health insurance policy with at least US$100,000 cover and the policy fully covers Covid 19 testing and treatments, I found 2 policies, if you want the details please PM to me.

The other thing I'm hoping will change is the requirement to get all documents stamped at a Thai embassy in Australia before departing for Thailand. I already called the Thai consulate in Sydney on this but didn't get any focused discussion or clear answers.

When I can decide a travel date I'll check again about the need for health insurance to enter Thailand and buy a policy if still needed and I'll call the Thai embassy in Canberra and try for an answer about stamping the documents. (A buddy here mentioned the Canberra office is more focused and keen to help.)

We wait and see. 

Edited by scorecard

I had a look on the Thai Sydney embassy website and the latest document I can find still states that you need a Covid health insurance, my health insurance covers me and can provide with a statement, and you need a medical certificate.

We better wait until the end of the month and see what they come up with the new rules.

IMPORTANT: CAAT has just announced the extension of the ban on allowing international passengers to fly to #Thailand to 31st May 2020. Exceptions include, state or military aircraft, emergency landing, humanitarian aid, medical & relief flights, repatriation & cargo aircraft.

6 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

IMPORTANT: CAAT has just announced the extension of the ban on allowing international passengers to fly to #Thailand to 31st May 2020. Exceptions include, state or military aircraft, emergency landing, humanitarian aid, medical & relief flights, repatriation & cargo aircraft.

Do you have a  link? Where is this announced?

The extension on the ban on international passenger flights means foreigners with work permits or married to Thais, or just general foreigners, cannot come to Thailand until at least June now. If your “visa” expires while abroad, I’m afraid you have to start again with a new visa

5 hours ago, Mahseer said:

The extension on the ban on international passenger flights means foreigners with work permits or married to Thais, or just general foreigners, cannot come to Thailand until at least June now. If your “visa” expires while abroad, I’m afraid you have to start again with a new visa

I wonder whether we need to be quarantined for 14 days if we go to Bangkok from Chiang Mai and vice versa by bus?

Does anyone know?

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

I wonder whether we need to be quarantined for 14 days if we go to Bangkok from Chiang Mai and vice versa by bus?

Does anyone know?

Since when are buses running? All public and most private buses have been suspended.

Yes you would have to quarantine for 14 days.

Edited by elektrified