? Re USA Thai Consulates open to process visa apps

I’ve been sending my paperwork to the Los Angeles consulate for years to get my tourist visas but unfortunately they are closed and as of Friday they’re not sure when they will reopen and start processing visa apps again.

***Has anyone processed a visa in another consulate within the last two weeks and if so where?****

i plan to call New York, Chicago and Miami on Monday but thought I’d see what kind of responses I’d find here.

My latest visa expires May 3 and my latest flight change ???? is currently set to arrive June 9th.

thanks and good luck to all who are caught up in the delays and rebooking nightmare.

C1

• Haha 1

I imagine the consulate in LA will open before country opens.

They have same day service, so were it me, I would consider waiting until you have some level of certainty the country will be open to you and route your flight through LAX with a layover. The consulate is only about twenty minutes form the airport. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2020 at 10:04 AM, ubonjoe said:

But I am not really sure you will be able fly here on the 9th. Nothing will be known until the 30th about what will be needed for entry if at all if they extend the current no flights into the country regulation now.

I read on a newspaper website that they are planning extending the no flights allowed for another 15 days so it will be mid May now before you can enter the country if it is not extended again.