Where does the sun shine ...

Metropolitian

For Bangkokians, and others on the same latitude (13o54') will encounter a zero shadow day today around 12.15.  People living north of Bangkok tomorrow and the day after and after.

You can check the sun overpass for the whole year on www.SunCalc.org which gives a nice graphic situation for you location.

Screenshot for Don Muang Airport:

image.png.19c83b2c9a850ffef961a9df0668ed54.png

For today the Orange line points where the sun comes up, and the red is dawn, and yellow line is the path of the sun.

Yellow area is where the sunpath is for the whole year.

This can help with designing your home and desired positions of the windows, porches, bedroom...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This can help with designing your home and desired positions of the windows, porches, bedroom...

There are tools in design programs makes already shadow analysis. 

Edited by Tarteso
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

SketchUp includes this function 

unnamed.jpg.8f72f50fb6dece3f180b890a52978ef2.jpg3db08c754bebe9965dbc01289e27a9e74ccf2434.png.377e56ba79202bfd3cd1b937af42af1e.pnglarge_thumbnail.jpg.ceb87d6819f8be88de04fae1e92f6588.jpg

Not bad. Good tip.  Played around with SweetHome3D before, I didn't use this.  I love to use pencil and paper when sketching and want feel real instead of screen. SketchUp and 3D printer would be perfect.

I use SunCalc for the solar panels and to check when it is the best time of the year to paint the walls and for comparing the radiation areas in the attic.