Renew Unactivated B-Visa?

I received a Non-O B visa in March to work in Thailand.

However, given the current situation I haven't been able to travel. I need to enter Thailand before the visa expires on 3 June. However, this also seems like it may be unlikely.

In the event that I can't, is it possible to get the visa re-issued from the London Embassy, using existing paperwork from employer in Thailand?

Note: Have already contacted the embassy, they just assured me that travelling before 3 June will be no problem. 

• Like 1

It should  be possible to apply for another non-b visa at the embassy. Not sure if they are processing them at this time.

The problem could be any document they could consider to be to old such as the invitation letter from your employer.

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It should  be possible to apply for another non-b visa at the embassy. Not sure if they are processing them at this time.

The problem could be any document they could consider to be to old such as the invitation letter from your employer.

Hi Joe I was wondering about this for my SE Tourist Visa which also runs out in June[12th].I wont be able to use it and the answer I got when I enquired at the Brisbane consul was basically "Tough **** " I'm going to ask again nearer the expiry date but I expect I'll need to apply again submit all the info[which is the PITA part]and and PAY again {TIT even if it is the consul] Even if Thailand is allowing inbound passenger flights by then I doubt Australia will be allowing outbound.

Edited by findlay13

3 hours ago, findlay13 said:

Hi Joe I was wondering about this for my SE Tourist Visa which also runs out in June[12th].I wont be able to use it and the answer I got when I enquired at the Brisbane consul was basically "Tough **** " I'm going to ask again nearer the expiry date but I expect I'll need to apply again submit all the info[which is the PITA part]and and PAY again {TIT even if it is the consul] Even if Thailand is allowing inbound passenger flights by then I doubt Australia will be allowing outbound.

You'll need to apply again for a new 60 days tourist visa if the 3 months validity expires. I don't think the Thai consulate will give you a freebie. 

6 hours ago, Max69xl said:

You'll need to apply again for a new 60 days tourist visa if the 3 months validity expires. I don't think the Thai consulate will give you a freebie. 

Yes I reckon you're right.It's not the fee it's the hassle .I live a few hours from the consul so I do it by mail.plus new Bank statements letter of invite etc.

7 hours ago, findlay13 said:

Yes I reckon you're right.It's not the fee it's the hassle .I live a few hours from the consul so I do it by mail.plus new Bank statements letter of invite etc.

As of today you will not be able to travel to here until June 1st. It was announced yesterday that no normal passenger flights can arrive until May 31st.