Aircon Is Too Cold In Car. Have To Turn It Off And On All The Time At Night

jamie46

After buying a new ford i am dissapointed that they dont do anything about the thermostat setting in the aircon. it's fine in the day but driving at night it is too cold at the lowest setting.

Is there some way to fix it?

Do you have the air re-curculation button switched on or off? if it is on as well as the air-con it will continue to cool the already cooled air in the cabin,

There is not much else you can do, a good garage may be able to lower the pressure of the gas in your A/C system, this would help also.

Mark

Why not set the temperature adjuster slightly higher?

Mark

Because then it would be even colder. i wrote a bit backwards. i have it to the warmest setting of about 20. i'm not sure if other new fords are like this or not but in the day it is fine just at night when only a little cooling is needed.

Is it something as simple as a turn of a screw somewhere or maybe letting a bit of gas out of aircon. when i brought it in for it's first service they just said yes yes and did nothing about it. "yes yes" means "i dont car i dont care " here sometimes i guess.

I would think there is a setting in there that turns off the airpump so you can have just the blower running ? if not get a switch fitted so as you can do that, on my pickup when you turn the thermostat right down to minimum cooling you can turn it a bit more and it will click off,

I would think there is a setting in there that turns off the airpump so you can have just the blower running ?

a Ph.D. in rocket science?

What might your qualification be then doctor????

He's a Klingon ..... he doesn't need one, and he tends to speak more sense than most other contributors ... so ... ..... kah pla :o

I would think there is a setting in there that turns off the airpump so you can have just the blower running ?

a Ph.D. in rocket science?

What might your qualification be then doctor????

He's a Klingon ..... he doesn't need one, and he tends to speak more sense than most other contributors ... so ... ..... kah pla :D

Fish soup to you too pal!

You make about as much sense as he does, as far as i knew klingons didn't know a great deal about cars,he may have a phd in rocket science but i very much doubt that, so, how about a simple answer to a simple question :o

Edited by markr

as far as i knew klingons didn't know a great deal about cars,he may have a phd in rocket science but i very much doubt that, so, how about a simple answer to a simple question :o

i normally refrain to air my views or render advice when two experts discuss an extremely difficult technical problem which confuses the simple mind of a Klingon. but in this case i could not resist to add my two Satangs.

read again:

i have it to the warmest setting of about 20

a good garage may be able to lower the pressure of the gas in your A/C system

I would think there is a setting in there that turns off the airpump

now, what chance has the "airpump" (i assume you meant compressor) to switch off when the "warmest" setting is 20 (i assume 20ºC)?

a true klingon solution would be cutting one of the refrigerant hoses with a sword.

:D

Nuqneh Doctor,

That help's the guy immensely, I truly do wish I had your knowledge on this subject, Why not run along now to the good old sarcasm thread, you'll be much appreciated down there.

Qapla -

Nuqneh Doctor,

That help's the guy immensely, I truly do wish I had your knowledge on this subject, Why not run along now to the good old sarcasm thread, you'll be much appreciated down there.

Qapla -

No advice is better than bad advice.

"a good garage may be able to lower the pressure of the gas in your A/C system"

Must agree with our fellow klingon that the advise given, besides switching the ###### thing on and off as already being done, have not exactly been clever stuff. :o

Meanwhile, heading back to Ford and request that they do something (change of thermostat sounds like the needed solution - even if part have to be flown in from abroad) is the only way I can see.

I am sure that Mr. Somchai in your local car-butcher shop can arrange a "non-factory" solution but we are talking a brand new Ford here so better not.

Cheers!

in principle i agree with you Mark. but reading whatever was posted made it impossible for me to hold back. it started with "warmest setting 20ºC" which i can't imagine that this is possible. it looks like the OP has never driven an airconditioned car before otherwise he'd know that switching from recirculation to fresh air reduces the temperature already by 3-4 degrees. unless the OP provides us with more information on his Ford a/c and various settings it is impossible to render some advice.

Edited by Dr. Naam