Non Immigrant Visa Follwed By Tourist Visa ?

Hi,

I wander if anyone can advise.

I have been in Thailand since October 2006 on a 3 month non-immigrant single entry visa that was subsequently extended for another 2 months and expires in May. I am here with my wife for medical treatment, which is why we managed to persuade immigration in BKK for the extension. However we've been told that there will be no further extensions.

I have two questions I'd really appreciate any advice on:

1. Is it legally possible for us to do a visa run and get a 30 day tourist visa to extend our stay ?

2. Is it legally possible for us to do a visa run and obtain another non-immigrant 3 month visa to extend our stay ?

We have plenty of supporting medical paperwork to show we have been here for medical reasons and the treatment is not yet finished.

Best,

tok

30 day entry is entry without visa for most people. The majority of countries obtain a 60 day stay with a tourist visa which can be extended another 30 days. You obtain that from a Consulate in Laos/Malaysia or Singapore in the local area and should be no problem to obtain.

You can apply for non immigrant again but don't know if it will be approved at local Consulates. But nothing preventing you from trying and nothing illegal about it.

30 day entry is entry without visa for most people. The majority of countries obtain a 60 day stay with a tourist visa which can be extended another 30 days. You obtain that from a Consulate in Laos/Malaysia or Singapore in the local area and should be no problem to obtain.

Thank you.

Are (can) the 60 day tourist visas (be) multiple entry ?

Is it possible to obtain a 2nd 60 day visa after the first 60 day (or with extension 90 day) visa has expired by doing another visa run ?

Or is only a 30 day tourist entry visa then possible.

Thank you.

Are (can) the 60 day tourist visas (be) multiple entry ?

Is it possible to obtain a 2nd 60 day visa after the first 60 day (or with extension 90 day) visa has expired by doing another visa run ?

Or is only a 30 day tourist entry visa then possible.

Can get a 60 day Tourist Visa, extend it for another 30 days. When this is finished you can repeat the process. At the moment there is not a limit on how many times you can do this. However This Is Thailand and you never know how long this will continue.

just hold on to 20k in cash, that should do the job.

20,000 Baht being the maximum fine for staying without a Visa.

Not a good idea for the op as I dont think the medical facilities in prison are quite what he requires.

That is where he will end up if he gets cought on overstay, before being deported.