Phuket Airport open 15th

Sharp

I had replied that it's supposed to open on the 1st but I've just seen that the Govenor has asked for it to remain closed until 15th. NokAir and Vietjet seem to have removed their flights for early in the month.

I honestly can't see what they are gaining by doing this with Thai COVID-19 cases so low.

Edited by madmitch

IMPORTANT: The Governor of Phuket has signed this document requesting that the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand extends the closure of Phuket Airport for a further 15 days to midnight on 15th May 2020. Please note, this is not official until CAAT replies

Correct Mitch! It was supposed to open 1st. Now this ?? Is it the new governor who has come up with this ? Anyway Nok Air for example, now have stopped selling tickets for flights before 16th May. Previous to this announcement flights were available from 1st No wonder people are confused/peed off! We still await what will actually happen from 01 May (not just Phuket but  the whole of Thailand)  I don't know about you, but I've norfolking idea now !

• Like 1

A bit misleading title, I don't think they confirmed airport openning, just extended closing till 15 May, two weeks is a long long time in Phuket officials decision making small brains, a few more infected people and the closure could be extended further... , they don't think how much misery people have to endure every time they change things - some bought tickets and made planned etc.

Also other airports are going ahead with 1 May openning, it's just Phuket that has pushed it back...!