Under 20?

KamaZ

hello :o

ill be traveling to bangkok in a couple of days and ive learned from different places that some (or all) "entertainment" establishments require customers to be 20+.

since im 19 i was wondering if these rules apply to thai citizens only or do foreigners also have to be over 20. are they strictly applied??....

hoping for some answers and thank you :D

ill be traveling to bangkok in a couple of days and ive learned from different places that some (or all) "entertainment" establishments require customers to be 20+.

since im 19 i was wondering if these rules apply to thai citizens only or do foreigners also have to be over 20. are they strictly applied??....

hoping for some answers and thank you :o

BG'lish: If you go customer, customer have big trouble if polit catch him.

Translated: if you accept payments for sexual favours, your customer(s) will be in trouble if the police finds out. So don't sell your butt... :D Otherwise don't worry.

You're 19? Don't do it to yourself - look for a normal girl. (assuming by 'entertainment' you mean prostitution)

Think of it for a moment and it's ..urgh.

Whatever are you tring to say William?

I don't know what got into his mouth then, but I thought it's the girls who say ...urgh at that point.

hello :o

hoping for some answers and thank you :D

The legal age requirement is 20 years for places of entertainment.

Heh. Sorry, something went down the 'wrong way'.

Dr P is right, but at 19 I was fine getting into all the super-clubs out in the areas where they have massive Neon Ants and laser shows going on until 3am. Forget where that is actually, just remember the giant ant on the roof and someone in BKK will know.

You won't get ID'd unless youre unlucky or look obviously under 20. Dress neatly and you will get in most clubs that are designed for the young Thai.

Dont do it, if you have time to cancel and book somehwere else do that, the worse thing you could do at 19 is come to thailand take my word for it been here six years, you will be disapointed beleive me

Kama, come to Thailand. Shag as many beautiful girls as you please, drink as much beer as you please, then go home any tell all your mates about it!!

it will make their yearly holiday to Ibiza seem like a day at the paddling pool.

But please kill them afterwards. we dont want a huge mass exodus of Club-med giving us expats a bad name. we can do that by ourselves thank you very much.

remember if you do come: be nice to everyone you meet!

Happy holidays

Kama, come to Thailand. Shag as many beautiful girls as you please, drink as much beer as you please, then go home any tell all your mates about it!!

it will make their yearly holiday to Ibiza seem like a day at the paddling pool.

But please kill them afterwards. we dont want a huge mass exodus of Club-med giving us expats a bad name. we can do that by ourselves thank you very much.

remember if you do come: be nice to everyone you meet!

Happy holidays

Got it in one splitlid. :D

Kama, i came here when i was 28 so i am ordering you at 19 years of age to do all those things i missed out on in my earlier years. Good luck mate & be careful :o

"bah so should i really go somewhere else??"

Yes, definetly, all the women you might meet in the evenings are just after one thing: your money! There is an extremely high presence of STDs here, and corrupt policemen will empty the saving accounts of any under-20s walking in the street after dark.

And we don't want any more goodlooking, young, intelligent guys with a decent budget to have fun and spoil it for the rest of us!!!

Rainman is o.k. though, he doesn't go to the bars.

You won't get ID'd unless youre unlucky or look obviously under 20.

Exactly. Sometimes they check, sometimes they don't.

Even if you are more than 20, they will check if they think you look too "young".

But I noticed that it applies more to girls than to boys.

Screening seems to be quite a bit more difficult for girls, for whatever reason,...

Dont ask people on forums if u should go or not, for that fact , dont ask anyone .. just go , do what u wanna do and if somethings happens well then something happens , lifes about experience

a number of people on these forums dont think like u or like what u like , theres something about expats in thailand that make them not overly nice (not all of them of course)

people didnt understand why i wanted to go to Asia at 19 (im 20 now) nor did they understand why i would go to Europe at the same age .... i simply said "for the experience" ill be going to Kenya with my gf in april ... still people dont understand why

it all depends on you ... if u sleep with a pro , then be carefull .. in every country u go to there something people dont like or something u gotta be carefull about ... violence , AIDS "the new one being terrorism" but the chances arent strong enough to stop someone going

now there are things to remember ... always put the dommy on , even when she says its alright if u dont have one , dont get involved with a bar girl at all , as nice as they may seem they are prosititutes and at 19 u dont wanna go that way like alot of the guys have on here , dont "look" for a thai girlfriend as the percentage of thai girls looking for farangs are not looking at how nice the guy is but how big the wallet is .... with 30 million ladies theres plenty of nice ones , but be picky , be carefull and take it slow... been with my girlfriend for nearly 2 years .. meet in my home city when she was here on study , wasnt looking for a thai girl but found a nice one .... actually probably the best thing to have come into my life , so it does happen

ive never been to a better place then Asia , not so much Thailand coz of the extreme tourism thats been going on for god knows how many years , it has made it alil less of an experience compared to places like Nepal / Tibet / China / Myanmar and so on .. but its a nice place to hang out on a stop over or for a week or 2 for holidays .... its different to a western country but dont expect a huge cultural experience but ull have fun .... just play it safe , dont get angry at people , dont act like an idiot , and spend sometime outside the tourist hot spots

enjoy .........

p.s - i didnt ever get into a bar on KSR and a number around the Suk untill i turned 20 ..... i look my ages , so does my gf .... oh well , there nothing special anyways

I agree with some of what this guy says above, but regarding cultural differences or 'shock':

If you've never been to Asia you will find Thailand to be a series of quite striking surprises. The first will be the temperature. You think you can imagine heat, but you can't get it until you step off that plane - then you know. Still, at least it isn't Africa. I am yet to dare Nigeria.

The second shock will be the language, and the third the society at large. Before you go, do yourself a favour and read the rough guide, or lonely planet bits on Thai culture, and don't take what you read about Thailand on this forum with too much seriousness, alot of the posters here are just having fun. Also, the posts here do not reflect the beautiful aspects of the country so much as they reflect the seedier, grotty sides. That's just because most of us live in Thailand at least half the time and well, you live anywhere long enough and it isn't gonna be the paradise you once thought it was.

Thailand is beautiful, superb, life changing. Do it right - educate yourself before you go and it will repay you 100 times.

p.s. one final point on prostitutes: there is no difference between using a prositute in Thailand and using a prositute in your own country EXCEPT in thailand, the girl will not see it as a strictly business relationship when it suits her AND the sex education is so bad among the prostitutes that many of them regularly opt not to use a condom with their clients. Your average thai bar-girl (prostitute) will often have sex with three different men in one night. Many of these girls work several nights a week. Any good with probability? Even so, how do you feel when you have to imagine your girlfriend with another guy in bed? Just one guy - make that 3 a night. Still, among rationailty, logic and temperance, another great virtue we humans possess is the ability to completely and utterly kid ourselves.

I agree with some of what this guy says above, but regarding cultural differences or 'shock':

If you've never been to Asia you will find Thailand to be a series of quite striking surprises. The first will be the temperature. You think you can imagine heat, but you can't get it until you step off that plane - then you know. Still, at least it isn't Africa. I am yet to dare Nigeria.

The second shock will be the language, and the third the society at large. Before you go, do yourself a favour and read the rough guide, or lonely planet bits on Thai culture, and don't take what you read about Thailand on this forum with too much seriousness, alot of the posters here are just having fun. Also, the posts here do not reflect the beautiful aspects of the country so much as they reflect the seedier, grotty sides. That's just because most of us live in Thailand at least half the time and well, you live anywhere long enough and it isn't gonna be the paradise you once thought it was.

Thailand is beautiful, superb, life changing. Do it right - educate yourself before you go and it will repay you 100 times.

p.s. one final point on prostitutes: there is no difference between using a prositute in Thailand and using a prositute in your own country EXCEPT in thailand, the girl will not see it as a strictly business relationship when it suits her AND the sex education is so bad among the prostitutes that many of them regularly opt not to use a condom with their clients. Your average thai bar-girl (prostitute) will often have sex with three different men in one night. Many of these girls work several nights a week. Any good with probability? Even so, how do you feel when you have to imagine your girlfriend with another guy in bed? Just one guy - make that 3 a night. Still, among rationailty, logic and temperance, another great virtue we humans possess is the ability to completely and utterly kid ourselves.

quote, oxfordwill

"Your average thai bar-girl (prostitute) will often have sex with three different men in one night. Many of these girls work several nights a week. Any good with probability? Even so, how do you feel when you have to imagine your girlfriend with another guy in bed? Just one guy - make that 3 a night. "

thats why beer was invented,

he's on holiday for ***** sake, who cares how many guys the girls been with.

Does that work the other way? i don't think so.

quote, oxfordwill

"Your average thai bar-girl (prostitute) will often have sex with three different men in one night. Many of these girls work several nights a week. Any good with probability? Even so, how do you feel when you have to imagine your girlfriend with another guy in bed? Just one guy - make that 3 a night. "

3 punters each ... per night ... that'd be somewhat over the odds I'd say.

quote, oxfordwill

3 punters each ... per night ... that'd be somewhat over the odds I'd say.

More likely gogo girls would have more customers in one day than a bg.

especially when the septics are in.