Is the Hua Hin beach open (Confirmation please) ?

McArie

Hello all,

Could someone confirm the official status about beaches in Hua Hin in terms of public access?

• I already know that any congregation on the beach is not permitted (ie large groups, parties, etc)
  • I also know the kite-surfing has been banned while the C19 lockdown measures in force.

Am I correct in thinking that individual (ie not in a group, or say, of no more than 2-3 ppl) sunbath, swimming, exercise, running & walking on the beaches are permitted?

My doubts came after reading some news that 28 people (11 were foreign) have been recently arrested in Pattaya for being on the beach exercising, running, swimming even if not in any group....

Thanks!

Edited by McArie

3 hours ago, McArie said:

Could someone confirm the official status about beaches in Hua Hin in terms of public access?

they are open. you can walk. you can not sit down in groups. you must social distance no matter who you are with. i have a reliable report of a farang being arrested for not wearing a mask on the beach in Hua Hin. this is the main beach area near the Hilton. if you go much more south the odds of this being a problem drop way off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

they are open. you can walk. you can not sit down in groups. you must social distance no matter who you are with. i have a reliable report of a farang being arrested for not wearing a mask on the beach in Hua Hin. this is the main beach area near the Hilton. if you go much more south the odds of this being a problem drop way off. 

Thanks again, ukrules, NC1701A and Greg O

I haven't seen any notice in English or a sign, anywhere along the beach or access streets, that the beach is closed for public. Or instructions on the behaviour required on the beach. The other day I've seen a plane was circling above the beach, using a tannoy (or some such) to broadcast something in Thai...not sure what was that.

I see some Thais on the beach regularly (much more than non-Thais), particularly after 4pm. Not in a big crowd, more like 3-4, seems to be families/relatives and seems to be practising distancing. Foreign people mainly single or in a pair (sometimes but rarely, a family).

The point about congregation is reasonable, but mandating to wear the mask when walking on the beach and practising social distancing is plain idiotic, doesn't help anyhow to fight the C19 epidemic here.  By the way, is wearing the mask officially required all the time when outside or on the street? Again, it sound OK to wear masks when inside malls, hospitals, shops etc. But all the time....?!

Edited by McArie

We had a stroll along the beach yesterday afternoon, very pleasant, a few people like us just strolling or walking at pace, we saw a couple of woman swimming, no sunbathers.

Not a face mask to be seen, we had ours in our pockets.

85987B68-5047-4705-9690-283E5E285404.jpeg

• Like 2

Yup, very nice indeed.

I also carry my musk in the pocket, in a small seal-bag, to be used when needed.

Nice photo!

I went out there yesterday too, late p.m. Almost caught a high tide and bit of stormy weather (luckily did not develop further).

Here is mine photo-shot, but to the opposite end (Wat Khao Takiap)

2020-04-30-.jpg

I went to the Queens Park the other day in the evening with my bicycle (under Thais known as Sip Gao Rai). People were playing on the beach and two (I would call them) watchmen in uniform with badges were there making pictures. I approached them and ask them in Thai if playing at the beach is allowed and they replied, yes, anyone is free to do so.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2020 at 8:53 AM, McArie said:

Thanks again, ukrules, NC1701A and Greg O

I haven't seen any notice in English or a sign, anywhere along the beach or access streets, that the beach is closed for public. Or instructions on the behaviour required on the beach. The other day I've seen a plane was circling above the beach, using a tannoy (or some such) to broadcast something in Thai...not sure what was that.

I see some Thais on the beach regularly (much more than non-Thais), particularly after 4pm. Not in a big crowd, more like 3-4, seems to be families/relatives and seems to be practising distancing. Foreign people mainly single or in a pair (sometimes but rarely, a family).

The point about congregation is reasonable, but mandating to wear the mask when walking on the beach and practising social distancing is plain idiotic, doesn't help anyhow to fight the C19 epidemic here.  By the way, is wearing the mask officially required all the time when outside or on the street? Again, it sound OK to wear masks when inside malls, hospitals, shops etc. But all the time....?!

Didn't the requirement for wearing a mask all the time when outdoors come with the curfew under the Emergency decree?  In Chonburi it's mandatory when going outside. 

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

No, just tell 'em you're exercising.

exercise.jpg

Thanks BritManToo

I see the Thai Public Health even have an infographic... pity it's in Thai only, but you've translated it (or found one), and that's great.

It's really shame to witness so many essential information being in Thai only, on official public services websites relevant to foreign visitors or foreign residents (immigration, public health, etc...). At best, they tend to be in a very poor english translation (i.e. more confusing than informative).

If they meant to use automatic google translations or something similar (which is still unprofessional  and just "half-good") they should have known that a .PDF file text cannot be translated that way. It would be better to "type-in" such text directly to the webpage editor. And the webpages navigation/design is another story - more often than not without functionality for the end-users (the public).

This makes (currently) Thailand light years away from their aspiration to (or attempts to present as)  being a digitally literate country/society for foreign visitors, residents or investors.

Edited by McArie

The beach got sort of busy, all with the kite-surf folk too, since the measures were relaxed a bit two days ago...

Hope it won't provoke a total closure if the cases (God forbid ???? )  go up again ...Yesterday in Yala 40 new positive cases, but it turned out (thankfully) there were all false-positives as determined by the 2nd testing.

vlcsnap-2020-05-04-08h33m39s487.jpg

Edited by McArie