Travel between provinces

So many reports and rules recently.

I want to go away on my bike, is this possible going between provinces now or not?

Plan to start Krabi and head to Kanchanaburi and onwards so they'd be a few province lines crossed.

Anyone confirm ( or not ) this is possible?

Thx

friend rode from Hua Hin ti central Bkk this week, he was stopped 4 times enroute and only the letter he had from bamungrud hospital detailing an appointment got him through.

not sure if he can back to Hua hin.

so i guess you can try for your holiday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moose7117 said:

friend rode from Hua Hin ti central Bkk this week, he was stopped 4 times enroute and only the letter he had from bamungrud hospital detailing an appointment got him through.

not sure if he can back to Hua hin.

so i guess you can try for your holiday.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

Hopefully get some more input from others too.

My trip is purely recreational so not sure how that would go down.

I must say though i've noticed a lot more traffic on the roads this last week than what there was 2-3 weeks ago yet the same rules are in place??? people getting fed up i guess?

Prachuap province is in your path, with no way around it, and i know they have road blocks at the cha am end.

i believe Prachuap is still under lockdown.

I think it will stay that way as you cannot go around it and it can stop un essential travel.

12 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

You may find this of interest......

This is interesting but it appears it's hit or miss with regards to proving why you're travelling ( if stopped and asked ).

Is there an announcement coming with confirmed guidelines? they seem to change every 2 mins.

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I want to go away on my bike, is this possible going between provinces now or not?

So do I but just staying having a ride within my province.

No places to stay are open anywhere within my province from what I see.

I'm just gonna wait it out.

Just now, Kwasaki said:

So do I but just staying having a ride within my province.

No places to stay are open anywhere within my province from what I see.

I'm just gonna wait it out.

I have a condo in another province ( chonburi ) so i will have a dummy run early next week before venturing further.

From krabi I don’t think you will even make it past Ao Luek which is only 45 km north of krabi,I know Thai people that have been refused and turned around and sent back to krabi to get letter from amphur.

1 minute ago, taninthai said:

From krabi I don’t think you will even make it past Ao Luek which is only 45 km north of krabi,I know Thai people that have been refused and turned around and sent back to krabi to get letter from amphur.

Wow - how recent was this?

3 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Wow - how recent was this?

Last week ,she has house there was told you need letter from amphur ,so she got letter 3 days ago went back  up there and just come back into krabi last night.

on the other hand I have read of people getting taxi to surrathani with no road blocks in the way apart from Ao Nang.

Edited by taninthai

38 minutes ago, taninthai said:

Last week ,she has house there was told you need letter from amphur ,so she got letter 3 days ago went back  up there and just come back into krabi last night.

on the other hand I have read of people getting taxi to surrathani with no road blocks in the way apart from Ao Nang.

Ok - thx

So here's an update of my experience today, travelled through 7 provinces ( Phetchabun / LopBuri / SaraBuri / Nakhon Nayok / Prachin Buri / Chaengchonsao (sp ) / Chonburi )

Left Phetchabun at 0700, isaw 1 checkpoint ( unmanned ) just before Chai Baden ( stacked plastic chairs and tents, no humans there ) and another one at Prachin Buri with the same conditions.

I think they're probably for setting up for the curfew hours ( Kerryd to confirm ).

Below is the route i took. Based on today i'll be out and about a lot more going forward, there was plenty traffic on the road so everyone else is doing that they want ( hardly any police about ).

Note - only took about 5 hours drive time, i was on a motorbike!

Going out to get some free food from the soup kitchens now!

image.thumb.png.694da7ecbadb566e61ec407e15dcb3dc.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Going out to get some free food from the soup kitchens now!

Mate,  are you using a soup kitchen out of need or are you just taking the  p i s s ?

Edited by Andy from Kent

4 hours ago, taninthai said:

What happened to starting in krabi????

Getting my bike to Chonburi is step #1, i will put on new tires and service and then transport my bike to Krabi, perhaps later in the month after next announcement regarding travel but base on what i experienced today i don't see it being a problem.

Also need to confirm hotels and tourist attractions open in Krabi ( amongst other provinces ).

8 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Getting my bike to Chonburi is step #1, i will put on new tires and service and then transport my bike to Krabi, perhaps later in the month after next announcement regarding travel but base on what i experienced today i don't see it being a problem.

Also need to confirm hotels and tourist attractions open in Krabi ( amongst other provinces ).

Ok .....no hotels or tourist attractions open yet in krabi....maybe end of month might open up.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Make an appointment at a hospital in your final destination. Pick a hospital, go to their website, make the appointment in a likely department online, then make sure you get a confirmation that can be printed out.

That will get you through every checkpoint between your starting and ending province.

Or 2) Have plates/tags on your bike belonging to the province you intend to end up in. 'Going home' is another legitimate reason, nowadays.

I rode my bike from Trang to Chiang Mai starting May 1 and ending in Chiang Mai on May 3rd. My bike is registered in Chiang Mai, so it has CM tags. Worked fine all the way to Chiang Mai.

I went through around a dozen checkpoints in all. All but two waved me through or were totally unmanned. Prachuap Khiri Khan was fine, no stop there. I was stopped at a checkpoint in Ratchaburi Province and my temperature was measured, then I was waved through. When I reached the outskirts of Chiang Mai, there was a rather large (in terms of health and law enforcement officer presence) checkpoint, but they waved every vehicle with Chiang Mai plates through.

Good luck.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sabaijai said:

1) Make an appointment at a hospital in your final destination. Pick a hospital, go to their website, make the appointment in a likely department online, then make sure you get a confirmation that can be printed out.

That will get you through every checkpoint between your starting and ending province.

Or 2) Have plates/tags on your bike belonging to the province you intend to end up in. 'Going home' is another legitimate reason, nowadays.

I rode my bike from Trang to Chiang Mai starting May 1 and ending in Chiang Mai on May 3rd. My bike is registered in Chiang Mai, so it has CM tags. Worked fine all the way to Chiang Mai.

I went through around a dozen checkpoints in all. All but two waved me through or were totally unmanned. Prachuap Khiri Khan was fine, no stop there. I was stopped at a checkpoint in Ratchaburi Province and my temperature was measured, then I was waved through. When I reached the outskirts of Chiang Mai, there was a rather large (in terms of health and law enforcement officer presence) checkpoint, but they waved every vehicle with Chiang Mai plates through.

Good luck.

Yes, this is a good call.

We're shipping our bikes to Krabi and will drive back to central thailand with the plates showing that.

I've also been through about 12 provinces in the last 5-6 weeks, stopped once at Phitsanulok coming back from Nan for a temp check and that was it.

Good to hear about PKK, this is the once that concerned me.

Thx.

Edited by HashBrownHarry