Tambon Lockdown Continues

PST

From Richard Barrow

Thailand’s government passed an executive order late Wednesday mandating that “all orders whether prohibitive measures, relief measures, or actions” will be continued until amended by the government.

♦️Government says all emergency orders extended until the end of May; jeopardizing easing measures https://www.thaienquirer.com/…/government-says-all-emergenc… 

Basically, this means that any lifting of restrictions that you may have read about are now on the back burner until further notice. No lifting on the alcohol ban. No opening of parks and restaurants.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, schlog said:

Totally insane. Proofs what i say many weeks that this shutdown/lockdown has nothing to do with this virus. Only perfect pretense.

What does it have to do with then?. Are you saying that these measures are nothing to do with Covid-19??.

Worth noting from above link ....

"This means that relief and easing measures set to be introduce by various governors around the country, including Bangkok, may be in jeopardy as it is now unclear whether the governors will continue to enjoy the autonomy that they have experienced so far."

Just now, LivinginKata said:

Worth noting from above link ....

"This means that relief and easing measures set to be introduce by various governors around the country, including Bangkok, may be in jeopardy as it is now unclear whether the governors will continue to enjoy the autonomy that they have experienced so far."

The tambon lockdown is a Phuket Governor initiative so with a bit of luck this can still be lifted. I certainly hope so as I am so bored with eating the same food from the same places.

Makes a mockery of the infection figures they are releasing to make tourism look viable in the near future. 

The country will be in even deeper doodaa! Just a guess, military on the streets by the end of May? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Makes a mockery of the infection figures they are releasing to make tourism look viable in the near future. 

The country will be in even deeper doodaa! Just a guess, military on the streets by the end of May? 

I thought the same, but for April - hopefully we are both worng

8 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Any news on the alcohol thing yet??

Governor has extended ban till 15 may.

At least that's what I think I read somewhere.

Edited by stevenl
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Governor has extended ban till 15 may.

As a  non drinker it  really makes me laugh when people  think this  is so  important, the amount of times it's mentioned. Now if  they'd  banned  chocolate that really would be serious.

I think we are back on to open up scenario again (latest news), but it changes by the minute,  so who knows what happens...

And even if they relax the restrictions,  what happens when they find a few more infected people somewhere, which is a sure thing to happen, back to panic mode and lockdown again... !!! ? 

Edited by Agusts
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, xylophone said:

Any news on the alcohol thing yet??

I don't want to cause anyone any further withdrawal symptoms...lol, but I just read some big fish think-tank recommends alcohol ban till 31 Nov...???? 

But I hope they don't listen to him, or there will be riots in Issan by Thais and in Phuket/Pattaya by Farangs...lol ????

Edited by Agusts
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Agusts said:

I think we are back on to open up scenario again (latest news), but it changes by the minute,  so who knows what happens...

And even if they relax the restrictions,  what happens when they find a few more infected people somewhere, which is a sure thing to happen, back to panic mode and lockdown again... !!! ? 

The Tambon border checkpoints won't be removed, just unmanned. and If and when cases increase, they will simply revert back to how it's been for the last month albeit only in Tambons that have showed an increase. I can't see every Tambon going back to full lockdown unless there are new cases everywhere. Only my opinion, time will tell i guess.