Lifting booze ban could fuel contagion: Taweesin

snoop1130

16 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I am not a big fan, but good for you if you are. 

Actually I'm not. But I think he's a good aggregator for people who can't read Thai or follow the news in Thai. 

Interesting that the government announcement doesn't clearly and equivocally state that alcohol can be sold. That must be the interpretation they want though as it's all over the media.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Actually I'm not. But I think he's a good aggregator for people who can't read Thai or follow the news in Thai. 

Interesting that the government announcement doesn't clearly and equivocally state that alcohol can be sold. That must be the interpretation they want though as it's all over the media.

Not a great fan but hes does do a great job and dare i say for tourist and first time travellers or visitors probably a go to rather than this site especially as hes active on FB and twitter

TV is invariably slower with breaking news and is not always followed or liked by all travellers and expats 

On 4/30/2020 at 5:59 PM, snoop1130 said:

The government's Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) explained on Thursday (April 30) that the ban on selling alcohol had been extended to prevent social gatherings that might lead to a rise in coronavirus infections.

CCSA spokesman Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin said the ban would remain in place until May 31 for the benefit of all people.

It seems they'd forgotten to warn Thailand's Dr Fauci not to say anything to the press until they'd finished hammering out the numbers. 

22 hours ago, DefaultName said:

Agreed, on balance, this lot aren't doing a bad job in comparison.

It is not a choice of one or the other! Either you want your freedoms taken away or you don't. I don't want any of my freedoms removed as that is a broken bottle ridden path that leads to amputation.

Just to spite the usurpers I downed my first Russian standard vodka and schweppes soda manao in at least three years. Had to get that one in while the prohibition was on. I'm so badass, I'll be telling the tale of this oppression and how I bravely resisited it to my grandkids until I croak. 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2020 at 2:18 PM, Sumarianson said:

You are not permitted to travel or be out after 10pm. Of course there are less deaths, noone is driving you fool. Deaths on the road are about people not being able to drive and police not insisting on proper licensing and the following of the rules of the road. That is not to say there are no idiots drink driving but that is why we have laws, laws that are usurped by police taking bribes and not doing their sworn duty.

I know that you RUDE fool, read what I wrote.  Engage brain before typing on keyboard.

• Haha 1