Honda Steed Carb Float bowl setting

AllanB

Just wondered if someone out there has a worksop manual for their Steed 400? If so could you tell me what the float height setting should be, for various years, if they differ?

Tried downloading one, but couldn't make it work. Just need that number is all.

Thanks

Edited by AllanB
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I know how to set it Kawa and I know what the setting is for the US spec VT500, it is 6.8mm, just wondered if the figure was the same for the Steed used here. Trouble is it is such a shallow bowl, with all the fuel at the top, the setting its crucial.

Cheers

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AllanB said:

I know how to set it Kawa and I know what the setting is for the US spec VT500, it is 6.8mm, just wondered if the figure was the same for the Steed used here. Trouble is it is such a shallow bowl, with all the fuel at the top, the setting its crucial.

Cheers

Well if it's too high it will overflow or leak and too low you'll run lean or dwindle to a stop. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Your sort it, it's not rocket science carbs are simple. ????

You would think so, this pair have always been trouble. I got the bike back from being rewired and while he was at it he "did" the carbs, however, yesterday I was about the do a trial run, turned on the fuel, went inside to helmet up and my wife said she could smell petrol. As I entered the shed saw petrol pouring out of the carbs.????

So today had the carbs off, removed the needles and seats and blew a ton of <deleted> out, he had taken the tank off and left the petrol hose exposed for about 4 months. Great! Anyway at least I found the fault. So stripped it down and blew everything out.

These are very shallow bowls so the settings are important, anyway I will try 7mm if I don't get conf my the morning.

Cheers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AllanB said:

You would think so, this pair have always been trouble. I got the bike back from being rewired and while he was at it he "did" the carbs, however, yesterday I was about the do a trial run, turned on the fuel, went inside to helmet up and my wife said she could smell petrol. As I entered the shed saw petrol pouring out of the carbs.????

So today had the carbs off, removed the needles and seats and blew a ton of <deleted> out, he had taken the tank off and left the petrol hose exposed for about 4 months. Great! Anyway at least I found the fault. So stripped it down and blew everything out.

These are very shallow bowls so the settings are important, anyway I will try 7mm if I don't get conf my the morning. That is the figure for many of the VT series with the same carb.

Cheers