Signing new rental contract during Covid

USNret

Hi. We got to HH on March 8th, before all the emergency measures started.  It was an airbnb condo rental, but after one month we converted to a month-to-month contract in the same place. 

Now we plan to shift to a different rental home (pool villa) so we'll have a bit more room than the condo we are currently in. My wife keeps mentioning local rules in Thai language that new rental contracts are not allowed under the current restrictions. I haven't seen any such rules in English-language forum including ThaiVisa, FB groups, etc. Will we have any trouble moving to a new place (HH-to-HH move); are we running afoul of any rules?  If challenged, we have contracts that cover our stay since arriving at March 8th. 

13 hours ago, kralledr said:

I think this is false, we rent out 2 houses, and i been to immigrstion last week to report who stsy in my places...

Thank you; that is exactly the info I need to hear. 

For any of your tenants, did they shift residence from another province to HH?  We moved here from BKK in March but I have not reported to immigration yet. I get my 1-year non-O marriage extension on May 18th at Chaeng Wattana, and then I want to report my address at Hua Hin immigration.  Everyone on TV told me not to report the change of address until my extension is approved, which is why I waited.  We have been here since March 8.

On 5/3/2020 at 10:09 AM, USNret said:

Thank you; that is exactly the info I need to hear. 

For any of your tenants, did they shift residence from another province to HH?  We moved here from BKK in March but I have not reported to immigration yet. I get my 1-year non-O marriage extension on May 18th at Chaeng Wattana, and then I want to report my address at Hua Hin immigration.  Everyone on TV told me not to report the change of address until my extension is approved, which is why I waited.  We have been here since March 8.

You might get fined at immigration for not reporting your new address (the TM30),that also can be done online. But maybe they give you some leeway because of the coronavirus situation.

Well, I'm getting no leeway. To do your TM30, be sure you get the owner's tabien baan, ID card, and rental contract with full address and room number. Be sure it all looks totally legit.

I'm at Samut Prakan immigration now. We tried to do it here a month ago. They didn't like some of the stuff. So, we escaped to the in-laws' upcountry for the lockdown. Now we're back and got everything. We unfortunately got the same lady, the same type of angry young lady who everyone on TV knows can't stand the farangs taking her fellow Thai women, or whatever.

The tabien baan has a change of owner printed on it. The new name matches the ID card. She doesn't like it. Now she wants the deed. So we're waiting here for it crowded amongst Filipinos and Cambodians who know nothing of social distancing.

Amazing Thailand.

• Like 1