How much are mangos per kg?

43 minutes ago, banagan said:

I'm in CM, any recomendations on a market where you can buy cheap in bulk?

(the wholesale) fresh fruits market / Mueang Mai market in Chinatown, up north to Warorot market

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

My wife planted a couple of "purple mango" trees, about 3 years ago... No fruit yet..

Never seen a purple mango !! Are they more expensive than your average green or yellow ??

We planted one last year ,after the wife saw on Thai TV Purple mangoes selling for  100 baht/kg that would probable somewhere like the Paragon in Bangkok, as for the local market price I would not know, but I would expect a higher price than the yellow ones. 

• Like 1

Farm gate price for Si Tong or Bur Si a the mo 6 baht/kg....not that anyone around here has any!  Mun Felun or Phet Bular which turn yellow inside if left on the tree longer than normal are OK eating (less sweet) and 2 baht/kg at the mo.  I am in Tambon Wang Plong, Amphur Noen Maprang.  Other areas maybe doing a bit better on price. 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 6:29 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

Central..

1588634652414.jpg

At 299 baht/kg the key word here is .....organic !

As to how much they normally sell for, I really don't know how anybody manages to sell them around here. Everybody has more than enough from friends or relatives. Every second house seems to have the "mango leather" drying in the sun. The guy across the soi from us has just given us a couple more purple mango to add to the 10 assorted we have already. I never thought that I would say this, but I'm getting a bit tired of mango !

Mango smoothies, mango leather, mango with sticky rice and coconut milk, diced mango with my muesli or just plain fresh mango........ ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, MikeN said:

At 299 baht/kg the key word here is .....organic !

As to how much they normally sell for, I really don't know how anybody manages to sell them around here. Everybody has more than enough from friends or relatives. Every second house seems to have the "mango leather" drying in the sun. The guy across the soi from us has just given us a couple more purple mango to add to the 10 assorted we have already. I never thought that I would say this, but I'm getting a bit tired of mango !

Mango smoothies, mango leather, mango with sticky rice and coconut milk, diced mango with my muesli or just plain fresh mango........ ????

For a delightful change try frozen mango. It's just like ice cream....but harder.   

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

For a delightful change try frozen mango. It's just like ice cream....but harder.   

actually I was looking at Icecream makers on Lazada, and thinking about mango icecream ????

0 bht...........

Yesterday a bird turned up at the gate with 2 heavy bags of mangoes, I was home alone, went down to the gate, nice looking bird in a new car......Hmmmmm, I didn't know who it was....So in my poor Thai I said Mrs.T wasn't home, she smiled, never said a word, and handed me the mangoes, I smiled, she smiled and went on her way.

I just wished it was 2 bags of beer.........????

Anyhooooo, when Mrs.T came home she said I did know the lady, it was the widow of a bloke I knew who passed away about 4 years back. She had had a Thyroid operation and lost a lot of weight...Now I feel a bit of a chump for not being more ....????............????

On 5/2/2020 at 9:12 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

4 mangos or about 3 kg for 20 baht.

20200430_181055.jpg

Damn these are very big mangos

usualy with the ''standart'' size 1 kg = 3 mangos

And to answer to the OP the normal price is

between 20 to 30 bahts by kg at the moment

Edited by kingofthemountain