‘Lager and fags were our main vices’: Vic Reeves on booze, guns and his rock’n’roll years

snoop1130

‘Lager and fags were our main vices’: Vic Reeves on booze, guns and his rock’n’roll years

By Emine Saner

3860.jpg

‘It’s quite brutal at times. Things go wrong. When things collapse, it’s heartbreaking’ ... Vic Reeves on the set of The Big Flower Fight. Photograph: Netflix

Were his twin 13-year-old daughters not studiously home-schooling themselves, or his twentysomething son not living at home, Vic Reeves might not have noticed the lockdown.

Life, he says, has not really changed.

Every day, as he always does, he gets up at 6am, has breakfast, then goes into his studio to paint, emerging around 4pm.

“We don’t really go out much,” he says on the phone from his home in a Kent village.

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/may/05/lager-and-fags-were-our-main-vices-vic-reeves-on-booze-guns-and-his-rocknroll-years

1 hour ago, car720 said:

One of the artsy fartsy class that we are all supposed to know, but don't.

Not artsy fartsy, I think the painting is a hobby.  He's a comedian, and a funny guy.  I'm an American but I have seen him on BBC panel shows.  Funny guy.

Sorry mate I don't think this was going to go down too well here, be recognised or be appreciated.  It's just too British for most.

But fair play to him.  Liked him a lot in the 90s we had and still so have great comics - just an acquired taste that doesn't always travel.

3 hours ago, cdemundo said:

Not artsy fartsy, I think the painting is a hobby.  He's a comedian, and a funny guy.  I'm an American but I have seen him on BBC panel shows.  Funny guy.

Oh sorry.  My bad.  And the difference is...............................