One Million Baht Worth Of Damage At Go-go Bar On...

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya People: April 15th 2007

Fire at Ago-go Bar

A fire burnt an ago-go bar in Soi VJ, Walking street, on 13th April. The venue was still under renovation and not opened. The reason of how it occurred is still unknown.

At 4.00am the Pattaya police were informed that a fire occurred at an ago-go bar that is being renovated in Walking Street and requested assistance.

The scene was a 3 storey building and so much was damaged but fortunately no one was inside. Neighbours stated that about 2 days ago the owner of the venue asked electricians to come in to do some repairs.

A witness heard 2 explosions before seeing smoke coming out of the building so called neighbours to help break in to stop the fire but unfortunately it was too intense so had to ask assistance from the officials.

The damage is worth about one million Baht and at the moment more investigation is being made on how it started.

More details in this news report:

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: April 15th 2007

FIRE IN WALKING STREET GO-GO BAR PANICS PATTAYA BAR GIRLS

Crowded Walking Street, for some Pattaya’s reason to be, colourful, gaudy, rowdy and raunchy was, at 2.30 am, hotter than normal, last night, 13th April. It was the scene of a fire, which happened in Broadway A Go Go in Soi PJ, owned by a Thai but leased by a farang.

The typical reaction, while not exactly full-scale panic, was certainly novel as you can see, with farangs making off with ladies slung over their shoulders. The fire occurred in a go go bar, which has yet to open. The first indication of a problem was the sound of an explosion heard by neighbouring bars, followed by an outpouring of smoke.

Fearing for their lives, imagining a conflagration because of the close proximity of the typical Chinese style shop houses, the working girls at adjacent bars ran into the street, creating far more furore than the situation actually merited.

The police, in the persons of Pol.Maj. Poomipat Nahmpootha and his team, accompanied by the Sawang Boriboon Rescue Team and three fire engines, rushed to the scene, fearing the worst. However, there were no casualties and the only damage to the bar was minimal, to the furniture.

This time, during the Thai new year festival, the occupants and revellers were lucky; the typical 4 storey shop houses that are home to most of the bars are what some consider disasters just waiting to happen. For the most part, the bars don’t have rear fire exits, emergencies and normal leaving requiring exit through the front of the bars. Plus the fact that the bars on the right-hand-side face directly onto the sea, making exit somewhat difficult.

Recently, Walking Street has seen considerable new development, as you can see from the accompanying pictures, but all too often Western style safety standards have not been adhered to. Consequently, it can only be a matter of time before a real disaster happens, unless the powers that be step in to impose more rigorous safety measures.

two fires on walking street in establishments that are not open "no cameras" both incidents people heard loud bangs before the fire

is there something they are not telling........very fishy to me

I would imagine they would not want to advertise the fact that these may have been more sinister

if there is something going on people have a right to know regardless of consiquences

two fires on walking street in establishments that are not open "no cameras" both incidents people heard loud bangs before the fire

is there something they are not telling........very fishy to me

I would imagine they would not want to advertise the fact that these may have been more sinister

if there is something going on people have a right to know regardless of consiquences

I think you are reading too much into it! Nothing sinister although the quote below might hold some water. :o

1 million baht!! Do I hear the ker-ching of an inflated insurance claim?

Ahhh, the Broadway Club. Twice failed already (while under Thai management). In a review on another site, I predicted that it wouldn't survive long (business wise), due to it's poor location, high prices, lack of "sign girls" to draw punters in and shows/girls that weren't as sexy as most other nearby clubs.

It did close a couple months later. Then it re-opened. The only difference I noticed on the second go around was that drink prices were a little cheaper than previous. Most of it's other faults remained, and I wasn't surprised to see it closed again.

Does make me wonder though. The fire at Route 999. The fire at Hollywood. The fire at X-Zyte. The Broadway club doesn't compare to those other venues, but it does seem that these places are going up in smoke quite frequently lately.

Next time you go to a club, it might be a good idea to figure out the quickest way out of the place, before worrying about mundane matters like what to drink. :o