Non O Visa 800k Deposit

Hi, is it possible to change the bank account where the 800k baht is deposited, or will the immigration hassle with the next application in december 2020. Its the same bank but different province. The amount will be transferred directly and there will be no interruption, only the bank account number changes and I will get a new Bankbook. I live in Hua Hin and I ask this question because I opened an account in bangkok a few years ago. now the ATM card has expired and I should now go to bangkok especially for a new One. I can only get a new card if I personally go to the bank branch..... insane!

Thanks for Inspiration......

Edited by ujayujay

7 hours ago, timendres said:

Should be no problem as long as the transfer does not occur during the "seasoning" period (three months before your application).

Two months only now....:thumbsup:.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ujayujay said:

ATM card has expired and I should now go to bangkok especially for a new One

Are you sure that is required?  Bangkok Bank has allowed any branch to issue cards for several years now and believed it was normal at all banks.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Are you sure that is required?  Bangkok Bank has allowed any branch to issue cards for several years now and believed it was normal at all banks.

100% sure. Yesterday I was in the Bangkok Bank branch in Hua Hin because my ATM card expired in April. I was told that I can only get these in Bangkok because I opened the account there. In Hua Hin, I only get a card when I open a new account there, but none for my account in Bangkok ...... 

6 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

100% sure. Yesterday I was in the Bangkok Bank branch in Hua Hin because my ATM card expired in April. I was told that I can only get these in Bangkok because I opened the account there. In Hua Hin, I only get a card when I open a new account there, but none for my account in Bangkok ...... 

Shouldn't be any problem as long as the new and old account names is under your name.

It's not advisable to change bank during the 2 months before application.

Just keep the old bank account, just in case they want to check last year's transactions.

I once transferred half my money in bank A (Bangkok Bank) and another half in bank B (SCB) and it was approved.

Edited by EricTh

26 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

Sorry was wrong - it is only in same province than any branch can issue replacement card.

25 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Shouldn't be any problem as long as the new and old account names is under your name.

It's not advisable to change bank during the 2 months before application.

Just keep the old bank account, just in case they want to check last year's transactions.

I once transferred half my money in bank A (Bangkok Bank) and another half in bank B (SCB) and it was approved.

I keep anyway my Bankbooks from the "old" Account, so they can track the Transactions......so it is not necessary to keep the account, I think.

I actually did it during the seasoning period owing to a senior moment. I moved the account from Bangkok to where I live now in Bang Saphan Noi but all within Bangkok Bank. The Immigration Officer at Hua Hin was very understanding as I presented both account books showing no break in the 800,000 and admitting my slight error. No problem but would not advise it.

On 5/6/2020 at 5:28 PM, lopburi3 said:

Bangkok bank in Udon will not issue a new card for my Bangkok branch account. They said that it’s something about Bangkok area branches.