Speedo1968

6 hours ago, fishtank said:

Good to know but where is it?

Vegan Restaurant and shop.

Tawanthong Restaurant

71 / 1 Robmuang Road

nr Ecoplace Hotel

Tel - I think 043 330 389

Walking down the road from town centre the hotel is on your left, about 100 mtrs further on left is restaurant.    Entrance is a bit hidden behind plants / trees.    Has parking area.

Not sure of opening hours but morning to around 2 or 3pm.

Purchase coupons inside.    Can eat in or takeaway.    Not expensive, 30baht +

The store has a good range of foodstuffs at good prices.

Enjoy !

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Some of the dishes on their Facebook page look delicious!  https://www.facebook.com/pg/Tawantong.Vegetarian/photos/?ref=page_internal

They are and the added plus of no MSG.

No closed AC system but large evap cooling fans.

Free salad bits on the table near to the cutlery sanitiser.

Chlorophyll smoothies ( if you have a garden it's good / easy to make your own or just a plain chlorophyll drinks ).

Its good to find REAL vegan food, especial here in Thailand and more so when it proves that it tastes great.

If you are in to vegan products and alternative medicine herbs visit the store.

I would be interested in your feedback, now in my 70's I have been vegetarian since the 1970's and vegan for 45 years.

11 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I've been a vegetarian since about 1972. It was always a bit of trouble ordering food when I lived in Thailand 1977-80.

I left UK in 1968, apart from a few years back there I have worked / lived / business trips since 1983 in other countries.      I started work in farming in 1961 and continued until I retired.   

Sometimes being vegan is easier than being vegetarian as the latter is open to interpretation.     Can be embarrassing when one is invited to a companies dinner ( with mayor. head of police etc. ) and you decline to eat: as a non-drinker I found it was acceptable to raise the glass but not drink the same with the food.