Are Malls such as Central Khon Kaen open yet?

I read many shops, restaurants and bars are now allowed open again. The Central website has a long and impressive video on its compliance with Covid requirements. Also seems to suggest it is open again not just the food store. 

But now I read that Malls are not open but may be allowed next week.

Wife keen to go for some makeup we can't get locally nor online. And honestly, I fancy both  a trip and a meal out providing precautions are taken.

No point if not open! It's a 150km round trip. And at the back of my mind a constant voice saying should we risk it? 

Malls are not allowed to open anywhere although a small number of shops are allowed open such as banks and believe phone stores and such as allowed to open outside malls.  It is expected that full opening will be allowed on 17th if no major negatives prior to then.  That date should also allow opening of HomePro/construction/furniture type stores also.  Remember that standards will have to be in place so many restaurants and such may be slow to reopen (arranging conditions and getting staff back).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can enter Central Khon Kaen from the 2nd level parking garage.

Just to go down to basement where TOPS, Yamazaki (limited choice) is plus some small shops.

And as written above the bank micro branches are accesible and telecom stuff.

That was the situation about two weeks ago.

Maybe there is some easing about restaurants?

Can't tell for sure.

Other big shops like home stores/DIY still not open normally (in contrast to Udon Thani).

150 km? No don't do it. Not worth.

Latest reports say that the malls might be allowed to open on May 17.

With some obscure safety measures, access limited, time limited bla bla.

And then opening on a Sunday! Heaven help. Stay as far away as you can on that day :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

You can enter Central Khon Kaen from the 2nd level parking garage.

Just to go down to basement where TOPS, Yamazaki (limited choice) is plus some small shops.

And as written above the bank micro branches are accesible and telecom stuff.

That was the situation about two weeks ago.

Maybe there is some easing about restaurants?

Can't tell for sure.

Other big shops like home stores/DIY still not open normally (in contrast to Udon Thani).

150 km? No don't do it. Not worth.

Latest reports say that the malls might be allowed to open on May 17.

With some obscure safety measures, access limited, time limited bla bla.

And then opening on a Sunday! Heaven help. Stay as far away as you can on that day :biggrin:

Thanks. We never  go at the weekend! Anyway problem for my wife solved I hope. Found an online supplier....but she's not happy with delivery time!

3 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Thanks. We never  go at the weekend! Anyway problem for my wife solved I hope. Found an online supplier....but she's not happy with delivery time!

Tell her she looks great without the makeup (which is probably true).  Stated delivery times are often worst case rather than normal.  

• Like 1

I live a few hours south of there and the mall here has been open this whole time! They’ve only just been reducing the crowds inside but it’s most certainly open I don’t know about up there but if it’s open down here which it is then I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be open two hours north of me. The only real “lockdown” here was that we couldn’t eat inside a restaurant so not much of a “lockdown”. And no one was enforcing any kind of curfew here. 

27 minutes ago, Nicks3 said:

I live a few hours south of there

What magic place is that with no curfew etc. or are you afraid of the masses coming down?

"A few hours" of driving?

28 minutes ago, Nicks3 said:

I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be open two hours north of me

Really interesting to see speculating against experience and facts.

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

What magic place is that with no curfew etc. or are you afraid of the masses coming down?

It is a fact we’ve been to the mall here 3 times since this so called “lockdown” began ????

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

???? 

2 minutes ago, Nicks3 said:

It is a fact we’ve been to the mall here 3 times since this so called “lockdown” began ????

What mall and what stores?  Malls have always allowed supermarket food to be sold and banks to operate so most were not closed completely.  

11 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

What mall and what stores?  Malls have always allowed supermarket food to be sold and banks to operate so most were not closed completely.  

All stores but all restaurants were closed for eat in only all were open not much actually closed. 

14 minutes ago, Nicks3 said:

Either you spread false information by ignorance or intentionally trolling.

Maybe you consider BicC a mall? :cheesy:

A poster who doesn't care to give names and places spreads worthless rumor!

56 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

???? 

Was in Central KK Thursday. Tops are open, banks, and the third floor are open, the rest is closed off. There is only one way in and out of the parking area, via the Mittraphap Road. Hope this helps?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Here the mall never actually closed but some of the shops inside the mall were closed but all the big shops and banks have been open this whole time. There was only one day it was closed I believe in the beginning but honestly not a big deal at all. Aside from Songkran being cancelled not much changed and now it’s ALL back to normal again ????. Now I see all of you going insane and obsessively checking my profile repeatedly ????

Edited by Nicks3
  • Thanks 1

My profile is still the same as the last time you checked ???? 555. It actually is a fact I don’t know about other cities but I doubt Khon Kaen is any different being that it’s only a few hours up the road from here. Although it is near the border so I can understand that it might be different than my city. 

Edited by Nicks3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nicks3 said:

Here the mall never actually closed but some of the shops inside the mall were closed

Is there some reason you can not share the name and location of this mall?  As noted not all stores even in major malls normally were closed and food sellers were allowed as well as banking.  What normally not open were jewelry/appliance/furniture/clothing type places.

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Is there some reason you can not share the name and location of this mall?  As noted not all stores even in major malls normally were closed and food sellers were allowed as well as banking.  What normally not open were jewelry/appliance/furniture/clothing type places.

No I’m gonna share where I live with the world ???? ???? yeah right. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your helpful posts.

If "The Invisible Man" comes round asking for me tell him I can't see him!

BTW how do you keep an Idiot in Suspense?.....PM me and I'll tell you later! :thumbsup:

25 minutes ago, Xaxx said:

Uhm Laos not far from there. 

O dear, its ~200 km, I was responding to OP comment that it was close to border! there are a lot more cities that are a lot closer to the borders!

On 5/8/2020 at 1:07 PM, lopburi3 said:

Tell her she looks great without the makeup (which is probably true).  Stated delivery times are often worst case rather than normal.  

It is true in my opinion. Told her so many times!

On 5/9/2020 at 11:02 AM, Keyser Soze666 said:

What would you be risking exactly??

Two things, a wasted trip, an angry wife.....err no, 3 actually... the last being increased risk of infection from stupid people not following current advice. Saw that in Big C the other day: a group of ladies removing their masks once inside, yacking away very close to each other and the open fresh meats self service displays.