Letter of bank

I would be glad to receive from Thaivisa members an example of Letter of Reference (copy) from the Bank to confirm that the required sum was deposit in the bank 3 months before the application.

OK to send it to my PM inbox.

TIA

The letter only confirm your account is valid and only shows the balance on the day it is written. 

Example is here. bank letter.pdf

You bank book will prove the funds have been in your account for 2 months on the day you apply. Some offices are also wanting a 2 or 3 month bank statement.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The letter only confirm your account is valid and only shows the balance on the day it is written. 

You bank book will prove the funds have been in your account for 2 months on the day you apply. Some offices are also wanting a 2 or 3 month bank statement.

Hi UJ:

1. Re the bank letter, I have a note to myself from before that it can be up to 3 days old, not necessarily the same day. Just want to confirm this.

2. I need the bank book with all transactions for the past year for my next extension, right? Which shows 800k for 3 months after the previous extension, 2 months before the new one and 400k rest of the year? Or can I print out 12 months of statements from my online ac showing same? Whichever it is I guess has to be on the day of the app.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Why Me said:

1. Re the bank letter, I have a note to myself from before that it can be up to 3 days old, not necessarily the same day. Just want to confirm this.

That depends upon the office you go to. Some allow up to week, others 3 days and others the day before.

5 minutes ago, Why Me said:

2. I need the bank book with all transactions for the past year for my next extension, right? Which shows 800k for 3 months after the previous extension, 2 months before the new one and 400k rest of the year? Or can I print out 12 months of statements from my online ac showing same? Whichever it is I guess has to be on the day of the app.

Yes unless it is your first extension.

But some offices want a bank statement for the year. I am not aware of any allowing printouts from online banking.

Bank book updated on the day you apply. Bank statement can be a little older. Some need a week to do the statements.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Bank book updated on the day you apply. Bank statement can be a little older. Some need a week to do the statements.

Stupid question then. I have the bank book which I can update myself obviously. But what's a bank statement which you seem to indicate only the bank can do? Would that be the same printouts (12 months worth) that I could do at home but instead printed/certified by the bank?

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That depends upon the office you go to. Some allow up to week, others 3 days and others the day before.

Yes unless it is your first extension.

But some offices want a bank statement for the year. I am not aware of any allowing printouts from online banking.

AFAIK, Korat only accepts a bank letter that have written the SAME day.

My bank (UOB) doesn't give a bank book on Foreign Currency Accounts.
Only monthly statements.

AFAIK, Korat Immigration requires a re-check on the bank account at your first 90-days report after the Visa extension.

16 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

AFAIK, Korat only accepts a bank letter that have written the SAME day.

My bank (UOB) doesn't give a bank book on Foreign Currency Accounts.
Only monthly statements.

The letter will be different for a foreign currency account. It will have the amount in the account in Baht based upon the exchange rate on the  day it is written.

Not sure if Korat wants it done on the same day. 

They should be able to give you 3 month bank statement when they do the letter.

16 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

AFAIK, Korat Immigration requires a re-check on the bank account at your first 90-days report after the Visa extension.

I don't recall any reports of them doing the 90 day bank account check.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The letter will be different for a foreign currency account. It will have the amount in the account in Baht based upon the exchange rate on the  day it is written.

Not sure if Korat wants it done on the same day. 

They should be able to give you 3 month bank statement when they do the letter.

I don't recall any reports of them doing the 90 day bank account check.

I remember a post written in "Expats in Korat" (Facebook) by someone who was visited by immigration a few weeks after he did the extension based on "Fonds in the bank" and Immigration wanted to see if the bank book was still showing the same sum as he declared at the extension.

11 hours ago, Confuscious said:

I remember a post written in "Expats in Korat" (Facebook) by someone who was visited by immigration a few weeks after he did the extension based on "Fonds in the bank" and Immigration wanted to see if the bank book was still showing the same sum as he declared at the extension.

That probably was an extension based upon marriage. When the application is done you get a report back to get your extension stamp and they want to see the bank book to prove the funds are still in the bank.

17 hours ago, Why Me said:

Stupid question then. I have the bank book which I can update myself obviously. But what's a bank statement which you seem to indicate only the bank can do? Would that be the same printouts (12 months worth) that I could do at home but instead printed/certified by the bank?

You can only print up to 6 months statements from an online account.

They wouldn't be certified by the bank either.

If you require 12 months bank statements they must be ordered at your branch and can take several days.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

that really depends on the IO. When I did my last extension, retirement I needed two letters from the bank. One showing ownership and balance  in the account and the other a monthly listing of each FTT deposit in the account of or over 65000 baht for 12 months with credit advice letters for each transfer attached. No statement or bank book was asked for. My bank confirmed what was needed with immigration. So better to check with your local IO.

8 minutes ago, pmarlin said:

When I did my last extension, retirement I needed two letters from the bank. One showing ownership and balance  in the account and the other a monthly listing of each FTT deposit in the account of or over 65000 baht for 12 months with credit advice letters for each transfer attached.

The OP is using the 800k baht in the bank option. You did yours based upon a income of 65k baht.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pmarlin said:

that really depends on the IO. When I did my last extension, retirement I needed two letters from the bank. One showing ownership and balance  in the account and the other a monthly listing of each FTT deposit in the account of or over 65000 baht for 12 months with credit advice letters for each transfer attached. No statement or bank book was asked for. My bank confirmed what was needed with immigration. So better to check with your local IO.

It also depends if your using deposited funds or income.

Your using the income method, which is different to using the funds method.

At CW, when using the 800K Baht method, in addition to the bank letter (which just confirms that person X has bank account number Y with amount Z at date...) , at least some IO's like a separate account statement showing all transactions over the last 2,5 months. Some bank will provide this automatically together with the bank letter, if not you could ask for it.

45 minutes ago, cormanr7 said:

At CW, when using the 800K Baht method, in addition to the bank letter (which just confirms that person X has bank account number Y with amount Z at date...) , at least some IO's like a separate account statement showing all transactions over the last 2,5 months. Some bank will provide this automatically together with the bank letter, if not you could ask for it.

NEVER FORGET THE FIRST RULE, PRINTED IN SMALL CHARACTERS ON THE IMMIGRATION WEBSITE:
"Every officer is entitled to have his/her interpretation of the law."

4 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

You can only print up to 6 months statements from an online account.

They wouldn't be certified by the bank either.

If you require 12 months bank statements they must be ordered at your branch and can take several days.

Actually what I do after each month is download the bank statement (Kasikorn has an Excel downloadable) for that month for my own records.

So I could print 12 months worth at moments notice, except it won't be bank-certified.

5 hours ago, Why Me said:

Actually what I do after each month is download the bank statement (Kasikorn has an Excel downloadable) for that month for my own records.

So I could print 12 months worth at moments notice, except it won't be bank-certified.

I think you'll find they will only accept certified copies stamped by the bank.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Why Me said:

Kbank can give you a 12 month of statements on the same day you get your letter from them

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

I think you'll find they will only accept certified copies stamped by the bank.

100% correct - I don’t know why, but I thought I would save some money by printing my own off for my first extension. Total fail. 

I think what you are finding out here is that there are differences from office to office and IO to IO. Best to prepare more than you need and go early enough that if there are some surprises then you have enough time to fix them. It shouldn't be expensive or difficult to get a year bank statement. Or you could just go with your homegrown documents and take a chance. It all depends on your risk tolerance. 

51 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Could the Kbank branch at CW do that or do I need to go to my home branch?

In response to offset reply, I would add not all K branches can print 12 month statements off.

You should enquire at your local branch if this is possible.

If applying for an extension based on marriage and using the 400K funds deposit method, you would at most only require a 3 month bank statement.

• Thanks 1