Bangkok Bank app for iOS - Bill Pay Feature not Working

I have been trying to use the Bangkok Bank app (iOS) to pay my MEA bill.

When using the "scan to pay" feature, the app successfully scans the bar code on my bill, displays the correct billing and account information and asks me to enter my PIN.

After accepting my PIN, the app returns the following error message:

IMG-0876.jpg

Alternately, when I try to pay the bill by entering the account info manually, the app returns this message:

IMG-0877.jpg

Has anyone else run into this sort of problem? This is a first for me in using the app.

1 minute ago, naboo said:

I'd probably call 1333.

I'm planning to, as a last resort, but, sadly, I trust the (more informed) members of this sub-forum over the average Thai bank employee, so I thought I'd give the TVF brain trust the first crack at it. ????

2 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

I'm planning to, as a last resort, but, sadly, I trust the (more informed) members of this sub-forum over the average Thai bank employee, so I thought I'd give the TVF brain trust the first crack at it. ????

The answer is probably "You are Farang. Cannot".

Bangkok Bank are dreadful, bank with a decent bank. SCB are far less racist.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, naboo said:

Yeah, unfortunately, that has been my experience.

"Cannot" usually translates as "I have no clue how to do it."

it would be useful to have an app so i know when my bank transfer is complete without having to physically go to bkk bank,

but not to the point that i want to pay a monthly fee for it,

is there any free bkk bank app for knowing bank balance ?

For android phones, one have been told that the phone must have TH rom. If phone doesnt't have TH rom, bank app will not work.

In your case your screenshot show you are logged in, and PIN accepted, so this is clearly a different error.

Can it be "time out"?

For IOS, no idea.

Suggest you go to your bank and show them the error in person. Less confusions.

1 hour ago, naboo said:

Not my experience at all, but there you go.  Put it this way, I've never been shouted out of a Bangkok Bank branch because I was farang.  Quite the opposite.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, torturedsole said:

Not my experience at all, but there you go.  Put it this way, I've never been shouted out of a Bangkok Bank branch because I was farang.  Quite the opposite.  

Yeah, to be clear, I've never experienced any racism in my dealings with the bank - just incompetence.

Just now, torturedsole said:

I've experienced the incompetence but not so bad and they're nice staff.  

Some branches are better than others. I've had fairly good luck w/ the Emquartier branch. Others, not so much.

Had many times issues with the BBL scan feature.

As alternative you can use the MEA Smart Life app and pay with the Internet Banking option. Always worked for me.

19 minutes ago, CLS said:

Had many times issues with the BBL scan feature.

As alternative you can use the MEA Smart Life app and pay with the Internet Banking option. Always worked for me.

You know, it's a weird coincidence, is seems, but the normally flawless MEA app isn't working for me right now either.

The app has always updated with my billing on the 8th day of every month like clockwork, but, this month, nothing...

3 hours ago, fusion58 said:

You know, it's a weird coincidence, is seems, but the normally flawless MEA app isn't working for me right now either.

The app has always updated with my billing on the 8th day of every month like clockwork, but, this month, nothing...

This may be the clue.

Both MEA and PEA are implementing deep discounts and refunds for March, April, May and both do seem to be having billing issues.

I would give it a day or two then try again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fusion58 said:

MEA app now displays a note:

* Revised electricity bills can be checked on from May 12th, 2020 onwards. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CLS said:

MEA app now displays a note:

* Revised electricity bills can be checked on from May 12th, 2020 onwards. 

Hmmm...I’m not seeing that when I open the app. Is the note in English or Thai?

Anyway, I already got a paper bill in the mail two days ago, so I took that to mean no discount for me was forthcoming.

9 hours ago, naboo said:

I have used BBL for over 30 years and never, never encountered a racist or anti Farang branch. SCB refuses to let me open an account as does TMB even though I have a long history in Thailand. So, Naboo, you must create your own issues.

Just now, asiaexpat said:

I have used BBL for over 30 years and never, never encountered a racist or anti Farang branch. SCB refuses to let me open an account as does TMB even though I have a long history in Thailand. So, Naboo, you must create your own issues.

Had accounts with both.

TMB first said we only accept Thai accounts, I asked, "So why is your website in English" they went away into a huddle, chatted with each other for a while, then opened an account for me.

https://www.tmbbank.com/en/home

7 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Hmmm...I’m not seeing that when I open the app. Is the note in English or Thai?

Anyway, I already got a paper bill in the mail two days ago, so I took that to mean no discount for me was forthcoming.

English, under consumption history.

Just wait till Tuesday, then you should be able to pay the discounted bill via MEA app.

PEA had to iron out the same issues. But fixed already. On 5/5 I could pay the discounted bill online.

7 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Tried BBL Mbanking app Bill Pay for MEA this morning and works just fine using iOS.

Still not working for me.

The app successfully scans the bill’s bar code, displays the correct account and billing info, accepts my PIN and then returns an error message that says “you have entered an invalid amount. Please try again.”

2 hours ago, CLS said:

English, under consumption history.

Just wait till Tuesday, then you should be able to pay the discounted bill via MEA app.

PEA had to iron out the same issues. But fixed already. On 5/5 I could pay the discounted bill online.

Will give this a try. 

17 hours ago, naboo said:

you must be a lucky one....for me was/is the other way around, was treated like a "dirty farang" at Siam and all smiles at Bangkok

15 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Some branches are better than others. I've had fairly good luck w/ the Emquartier branch. Others, not so much.

been paying bills & transferring money using their app and no problem at all, maybe wait until tomorrow, sometimes receive similar error messages when their system is down for maintenance