Which one of these two is the best laptop?

zeekgarcia

Which one of these two is the best laptop? Thanks

Notebook HP Pavilion 15-cs3147TX  (13M02PA#AKL)
 i7-1065G7 (1.3 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
8GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM
512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250 (2GB GDDR5 dedicated)
15.6" diagonal FHD IPS BrightView micro-edge WLED-backlit, 250 nits, 45% NTSC (1920 x 1080)
1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (Data Transfer Only); 1 AC smart pin; 1 HDMI 1.4b; 1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 RJ-45
Intel® Wireless-AC 9461 802.11b/g/n/ac (1x1) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 5 Combo , Integrated 10/100/1000 GbE LAN

Dell Inspiron 3593 (W566115305THW10)
i7-1065G7 (1.3 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
8GB DDR4, 2666MHz
512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
NVIDIA® GeForce® MX230 with 2GB GDDR5
15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Non-touch Display
1 x USB 2.0 port 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Type-C) ports 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports 1 x HDMI
Qualcomm DW1810 1x1 802.11ac Wi-Fi Wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.1

13 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Dell over HP any day of the week! 

i'll 2nd that
i hate HP 
had a problem with dell machine once got the same service tech guy throughout till new part arrived sorted
that was a few years ago
but thats another plus not having to repeat the same old everytime you talk to them

tech guy also listened 
dell

I had my HP 15 for about 4 years. First thing I did when I got it was to replace the 1 TB HDD with a 500 GB SSD, and add an extra 8 GB of RAM. The work wasn't as easy as I had hoped, but I got it done. [Bottom screws are located under rubber foot pads, and plastic case had to be separated using small crow bars.]

Instead of Windoze 10, I installed Kubuntu 18.04. The extra RAM comes into play when once in a blue moon, I run Windoze (as a VM) to test s/w.

I have zero-trouble with the laptop.

With two machines so similar it's going to be subjective.

Find a place which stocks both and have a physical examination. Check the build, keyboard feel, weight, battery life, styling etc. are to your liking (we all have different ideas of what's ok).

As noted above check the upgrade path for RAM, bigger SSD etc.

And of course, price.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Crossy said:

With two machines so similar it's going to be subjective.

Find a place which stocks both and have a physical examination. Check the build, keyboard feel, weight, battery life, styling etc. are to your liking (we all have different ideas of what's ok).

As noted above check the upgrade path for RAM, bigger SSD etc.

And of course, price.

the Dell is about 200 baht more expensive, I do not know of any where in CM that has these in stock, therefore will have to order them from BKK.

The "Bright View" display of HP would turn me down.

It's one of those mirrors with a display in the background. Terrible.

Only plus of the HP that would be relevant for me is the LAN Ethernet connector for home/stationary use. But that depends on your situation/use.

The HP has an IPS screen.

Both are low end.

But going on spec alone, the HP is better. 

Take note of Gumball's experience, otherwise you might have to send it off to be serviced for something as simple as swapping a storage drive.