fee Mathyom school this year?

cada33

Does anyone know what the fee for a student of a public Mathyom school is per term or per year?

Or could someone give me a name of such a school so I can contact them? I'm not in Chiang Mai so it's a bit difficult to find an address or name of a school.

Thanks in advance!

You mean a government school by the sound of it.  There are State (government) schools and private (for profit) ones.  "Mattayom" is the final 6 years of schooling - generally from 12 to 18 which culminates with public exams to qualify for higher education - it's not a type of school.  I don't know of any schools that just offer that.  Government schools vary hugely and are under resourced, sometimes with as many as 40-50 per class.  Private schools will have less per class but still have to follow the National Curriculum which is deficient in many areas - history, geography and English language, for example.  International and faith schools are different yet again but are the most expensive.

The cost for a term (1 of 2 each year) for study at Nawamin Payap (High) School which is immediately north of the 700 Year Stadium runs right around 3,000 baht.  This is not very expensive when compared to Dara Academy which is easily well over 25,000 per term.  International schools will be even much more expensive.

11 minutes ago, Greenside said:

Government schools vary hugely and are under resourced, sometimes with as many as 40-50 per class.  Private schools will have less per class

I have heard that Prince Royal school is private and has large classes, around 50 or even more.  Is this incorrect?

• Like 1

I don't know about Prince, but at Dara, which is a Christian school with some affiliation with Prince, the class size for younger (pratohm) students is around 25.  When they enter junior high, however, the class sizes double to around 50.  It is at that time when I transferred my student to the public school for roughly the same quality of education at a fraction of the cost, and there are generally around 40 in his classroom now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Public(Government) schools are totally free, in fact they actually give you money towards uniforms on presentation of receipts, approximately 1,500 per child. That's in Chonburi province.

Most now charge 'compulsory' extras.

After school club, English lessons, books ..... adds up to 6k/month at my kids government school.

If you don't pay the extras, you're free to attend another school in Chiang Mai.