Thai Filenames On A Cd

briley

Some file names on my computer use Thai characters, when I use Nero 6 to put them onto a DVD (or CD) they get given some alpha-numeric name that has no meaning and when verifying the files the whole computer locks up.

I can't find anything about this on the Nero site.

(I didn't download the Thai language file for Nero as I assume that just makes the menu's etc appear in Thai.)

Anyone know the solution?

(Using Windows XP with Thai enabled)

Strange. It actually should work without a problem, as long as you have your system set to Thai (in the regional settings, advanced, non-unicode programs to Thai). I've used Nero to write Thai filenames before. It won't work if your non-unicode setting is anything other than Thai.

Thanks, got the problem sort of sorted.

In regional and language options, advanced I have to set Thai as the "language to match the language version of the non-unicoded programs you want to use"

Now filenames are in Thai, even a help file that would never show up in Thai is in Thai,

BUT

Most of the (UK pound sign) are showing up in Thai, as Tor Tao!

The real annoyance is having to re-boot when changing from English to Thai usage.

Guest Reimar

Normaly you don't need to reboot, just log off an logon again!

BUT

Most of the œ (UK pound sign) are showing up in Thai, as Tor Tao!

That is why the ASCII code from 128 to 256, which contains the Pound sign, is change for to use the Thai Character. The only to go around with this is that you need to change the kleyboard "on the fly" from Thai to engl to get the "normal" character. But I'm not sure it works in Nero!