No Covid risk from eating cooked pork, beef or chicken: virologist

snoop1130

On 5/12/2020 at 7:03 PM, cornishcarlos said:

Freezing also kills nasty stuff...

So always freeze fish and defrost before eating it as sashimi.. Sashimi is my favourite ????

Whoops - freezing merely puts it into hibernation... otherwise you could keep it protected from air and leave it to thaw out at room temperature for a weekend...

Try it.

On 5/12/2020 at 10:38 PM, ParkerN said:

Eating meat or fish uncooked is dangerous and primitive. Which is why most developed societies do it rarely if at all and most primates don't do it at all, setting aside the reactionaries and trend-setters (forerunners of the present-day wokely-folkely). Find a social anthropoligist and ask him/her why and how humanoids began cooking food prior to eating.

Excellent logic. That's why we always prefer caves to exposed housing, defence against wandering bears.

I've been eating raw fish for over ten years, and I remember being sick about three times - from cooked food (the worst was curry at 'three coins' restaurant at Ramkhamheang that knocked me out for 3 days).

The truth is there's always SOME risk - even with cooked food. For this reason, we developed a civilisation which allows us to get our sushi from reliable/safe sources. Also, sushi usually comes from frozen fish (fresh isn't always best). Ignorance is dangerous and primitive... 

20 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

Whoops - freezing merely puts it into hibernation... otherwise you could keep it protected from air and leave it to thaw out at room temperature for a weekend...

Try it.

Yes, this has already been covered. See post #27

6 hours ago, Moonlover said:
7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I wonder how many of those critics have ventured outside their 4 walls these last 2 months and heard any gossip at all.

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I thought we were supposed to stay at home and avoid other people.

Yes quite so. You're simply restating the obvious. How would they hear any rumours?

My wife has that one sussed. Just points it at the neighbors windows and records away.

parabolic mic | eBay

5 hours ago, ben2talk said:

The truth is there's always SOME risk - even with cooked food. For this reason, we developed a civilisation which allows us to get our sushi from reliable/safe sources. Also, sushi usually comes from frozen fish (fresh isn't always best). Ignorance is dangerous and primitive... 

I always get mine from the "5bht/bite" in the Thai open markets.

Thinking it's been sitting in the sun all day, but I'm not dead yet!

On 5/13/2020 at 10:47 PM, ben2talk said:

Don't make stupid comments. That's like asking why cavemen weren't aware of the facts surrounding using sharp stones to puncture the skull to cure headaches.

How often have you seen Thai's cook food and then leave it on a table for days on end? When visiting family I won't eat anything unless I see it cooked.

Basic hygiene awareness is very patchy - they're treated like morons from school, and for many it's a normal way of behaving (even educated Thai's have some very strange beliefs).

My comment was a “...stupid comment” ?? 

Really?

How about you don’t make stupid analogies?  

I’ll tell you what a “...stupid comment” is:   Stating the obvious ! ! 

“No Covid risk from eating cooked pork, beef or chicken: virologist”