for 5 years, its been less than a year and people are whining on about

have to stay inside.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Facing German bullets was not something that could be avoided,if

we did not we would all be speaking German today, 

regards Worgeordie

It could have been avoided by the Americans, and if they had, we would have spoken Russian, not German...

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Facing German bullets was not something that could be avoided,if

we did not we would all be speaking German today, saying inside

your home to help prevent the spread of the virus,is not in anyway

in the same category,to what people had to go through in the war

for 5 years

I should add that this same Greatest Generation had to deal with its own pandemic, in 1957, called the Asian flu...and it is didn't shut down the economy to cower at home, but took in on the chin, like all the previous generations when confronted with a pandemic...

2 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

I should add that this same Greatest Generation had to deal with its own pandemic, in 1957, called the Asian flu...and it is didn't shut down the economy to cower at home, but took in on the chin, like all the previous generations when confronted with a pandemic...

This is a new virus, little is known about it,if it mutates (as Viruses do)

it would be very dangerous,so best to be cautious,in all your other posts

you seem to be against lockdowns.and most of the other precautions that

the powers that be are taking,maybe they know more than you,I am sure

they are not putting all these rules into place for fun. 

So what do you think governments around the World are doing wrong,

I get the feeling you would prefer ,no lockdowns,no restrictions,let those

die that get the Virus,tough luck.?

regards Worgeordie

It might be an apples/oranges comparison, but I have said that if another country were threatening our economies and way of life the way this virus has, our governments would be drafting the young and healthy, and telling them it’s their duty to die for the cause. 

We now have plenty of evidence to show that for the large majority of people, this virus is not deadly. All I ask is for a more measured approach, where we isolate the most vulnerable and let the rest get back to work, in order to keep the system that pays for our healthcare up and running. 
We are slowly getting there, with some businesses being allowed to open, but if we go back into panic mode every time we see a slight uptick in cases, we will never come out of this. 
Nobody ever said that lockdowns would make the virus completely disappear. As long as the health system can cope with the number of people experiencing severe symptoms, there is no reason to keep everyone inside anymore.

Edited by Ryan754326
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

This is a new v 6irus, little is known about it,if it mutates (as Viruses do)

it would be very dangerous,so best to be cautious,in all your other postsyou seem to be against lockdowns.and

So what do you think governments around the World are doing wrong,

All new viruses are by definition... unknown... that was true for the Spanish flu, the Asian flu, or more recently SARS 1 and MERS. 

Many people are against the lockdowns... see the protests in Germany or in the US, for example. 

Instead of rushing for a one size fits all "solution", it would have been far better to adapt the solution to the real problem. 

That would have led to protect, isolate if necessary, the real targets of the virus, who are the elderlies and those already weakened by other ailments. 

Meanwhile, the rest of the population could have kept on with its normal life, while probably getting infected, but with minimum consequences. 

The USS Theodore Roosevelt gives a good idea of what would have happened. 

On this ship lived in close quarters more than 2,000 sailors, out of which more than 1,000 tested positive for the coronavirus. 

Yet, only 7 of them were hospitalized, and only 1 died. 

And this is an extreme situation, because people outside the Navy don't live so close to each other. 

Edited by Brunolem

4 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

The USS Theodore Roosevelt gives a good idea of what would have happened. 

On this ship lived in close quarters more than 2,000 sailors, out of which more than 1,000 tested positive for the coronavirus. 

Yet, only 7 of them were hospitalized, and only 1 died. 

The Diamond Princess, and other infected ships have shown similar population/case/death ratios, yet the experts seem to be disregarding these real-life Petri dishes in favor of computer models, that have been shown, time and time again, to be far off from reality.

• Like 1