Mad Max co-stars Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron reveal ‘tense’ feud while filming Fury Road

snoop1130

Mad Max co-stars Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron reveal ‘tense’ feud while filming Fury Road

By Isobel Lewis

hardy_theron.jpg

Google

Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron have opened up about their infamous feud on the set of Mad Max: Fury Road.

The two actors starred in the 2015 post-apocalyptic drama together and were known to have not got on, with Theron admitting in 2015 that the pair “f***in’ went at it” during filming.

Speaking to The New York Times, Hardy addressed his tense relationship with Theron, saying: “I think in hindsight, I was in over my head in many ways. The pressure on both of us was overwhelming at times.”

He continued: “What she needed was a better, perhaps more experienced, partner in me. That’s something that can’t be faked. I’d like to think that now that I’m older and uglier, I could rise to that occasion.”

Full Story: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/tom-hardy-charlize-theron-mad-max-fury-road-sequel-feud-a9511451.html

Just now, snoop1130 said:

Theron admitting in 2015 that the pair “f***in’ went at it” during filming.

In English that would mean were banging each other ..............

Looks like she's bigger than him in the photo.

Edited by BritManToo

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

That might explain the issue if your first sentence were true...

• Like 1

still can't see the relevance in attaching this movie onto the back of the fumes of the real series of the Mad Max franchise!  Not even done Australia, and Main Casted with non Ozzies, except for a number of lowly billed ones. Namibia is a long way from the outer Melbourne suburbs too 

8 minutes ago, tifino said:

still can't see the relevance in attaching this movie onto the back of the fumes of the real series of the Mad Max franchise!  Not even done Australia, and Main Casted with non Ozzies, except for a number of lowly billed ones. Namibia is a long way from the outer Melbourne suburbs too 

I watched Mad Max I again after over a decade. You're right, it has nothing to do with the original, even Thunderdome didn't. But it did have loads and loads of action. So much so it was exhausting to look at it. 

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I watched Mad Max I again after over a decade. You're right, it has nothing to do with the original, even Thunderdome didn't. But it did have loads and loads of action. So much so it was exhausting to look at it. 

yeah after it was first shown, it became a weekend sojourn or two, seeking out all the nearby filming locations... Cherry lane was only 5 mins from our RAAF Base... and only one minute away from the Drive In... Kororoit Creek road scene you can replay, with deja vu scenery even after 40 odd years... The dips and curves of Dohertys Road etc were ( and still are) a buzz, to replicate the 'speed' in an old Sigma ???? 

On 5/13/2020 at 6:08 AM, BritManToo said:

When Hardy said he was in over his head, I think that was implied.

She is six feet tall, taller than most men/women.

Edited by IAMHERE
spelling
  • Like 1