Using Covid 19 as an excuse to get out of here for a while?

The problem I see is, and as you stated, would the new location be any better.  Plus if the missus is fed up already as well, and you can not come back, well when you did come back, would there be anything left.  Guess if you can walk and afford to rebuild when you did return, because all of the eggs were not in one basket, then it could be a win win....just saying

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The problem I see is, and as you stated, would the new location be any better.  Plus if the missus is fed up already as well, and you can not come back, well when you did come back, would there be anything left.  Guess if you can walk and afford to rebuild when you did return, because all of the eggs were not in one basket, then it could be a win win....just saying

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. We are ok, 'fed up' was just a casual term, but we are with each other all the time and maybe could both do with a break, just pop her some money as usual online. But yea not an easy one for many reasons.

I've been in bkk for around 20 years now with just the week or 2 break, just feel like this could be an opportunity to have a proper break elsewhere and reflect on a few things.

Edited by Keyser Soze666

2 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. We are ok, 'fed up' was just a casual term, but we are with each other all the time and maybe could both do with a break, just pop her some money as usual online. But yea not an easy one for many reasons.

Unfortunately this entire debacle we are in can be summed up with one word, and the indigestion it gives me.....Reflux....

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Unfortunately this entire debacle we are in can be summed up with one word, and the indigestion it gives me.....Reflux....

I actually suffer with reflux. Yep, it's an absolute nightmare that no one could ever have imagined. I was suppose to be to Europe/UK next month, but instead of looking forward to that I'm now chasing up refunds! Probably why I'm thinking like I am, had put a years planning into this trip, but instead now just stuck here in 40c heat.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

I actually suffer with reflux. Yep, it's an absolute nightmare that no one could ever have imagined. I was suppose to be to Europe/UK next month, but instead of looking forward to that I'm now chasing up refunds! Probably why I'm thinking like I am, had put a years planning into this trip, but instead now just stuck here in 40c heat.

My annual trip to the States was in June. Had my youngest graduating with her masters in forensic accounting in Oregon and I was going to attend. Had my annual medical appointments which I canceled as well. Wanted to visit my parents who are both still alive but because of this <deleted> its all been put on the back burner.  I have a family here with my GF and the last thing I want is to be separated from her and the kids. Its a damned fine mess. At least I have my penthouse view here in Bangkok and I can homeschool the kids.  Miss visiting the coast and the beach. One day soon I am sure the restrictions may be eased. Luckily we are financially sound 

• Like 2

You're not the only one who needs a holiday. 

They'll be saying the same all over the world as everyone will be a bit stare crazy. 

As for missus northsouth, she does my head in sometimes, as I probably do hers, but I enjoy my trips away and nights out better when she comes with ????

The only destination the OP can easily get to would be his home country. Which begs the question of why he would want to go back to a country he left in search of greener pastures.

Just rent a nearby condo for a month, and explain you need space. Commute back when you feel horny. Works for me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The only destination the OP can easily get to would be his home country. Which begs the question of why he would want to go back to a country he left in search of greener pastures.

Just rent a nearby condo for a month, and explain you need space. Commute back when you feel horny. Works for me.

Perhaps because the pastures didn't turn out to be greener? Always have a backup plan!40 c heat, no thanks!

6 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

And your search for greener pastures found you just posting on an internet forum all day. Glad it worked out for you. And what grown up man uses the word horny? Are you a Yank?

Well, I do have other things in my day, but don't let that stop you from posting your bile. I'll make a mental note to leave you to stew without further input from me.

I'll use whatever words I feel appropriate to the situation, such as your coprophagia.

Just a thought.

Edited by Lacessit

I have to agree that right now the heat is really oppressive. Never used to be quite as furnace like as this. Even the plants in our garden are stressed and have burnt leaves from the sun. The only safe times to be outside are from 6.00 am to 8.00 am or after 5.30 in the evening. The rest of the time is spent indoors. However, in the late afternoon our inside temperature has climbed to 32 which is far from comfortable.

At 62 years old and with 3 skin cancers already cut out I could really appreciate a 3 month break to somewhere I could go out on long 10 mile country walks like I used to.

Problem is that anyone who leaves now might find it difficult to get back in after the holiday away.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

would maybe need to make a good excuse

Or you could be honest and tell her you need a break... I bet she needs one too... 

So many on this forum think [or forget] that their lies are ok, but if the wife lies to them, they call them all sorts of ugly names... 

you can just go somewhere else in Thailand too... have fun. I surely need a break every once in a while too... and on a regular basis.. I was never one to go everywhere with my wife.. nor her me. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

I actually suffer with reflux

omeprazole 20 mg... it is an acid inhibitor... 20+ yrs ago I had it really bad, enough so to eat away part of my esophagus... and I have been taking it for 20 years now and can drink OJ and have coffee w/no ill effects... 

you are only supposed to take it for 2 weeks and that might do hte trick, for me it will recur as soon as I miss a day... 

Of course, I am not a doc and you might be advised to see one first... but that is my life-changing experience... I no longer have to sleep sitting up.. 

ps - there are many brands on the market.. generic works fine - Gaster etc... and it is not expensive... abt 60 baht for 2 weeks supply. 

Edited by kenk24

As the Australians say, it seems that you need to go on a "walk about".  Good luck with that and getting back before end of July and I'm only using that date because we're all good here permit wise until the 31st. Doesn't she have some family you need to go visit?  I could always go up Country to the farm see her Dad and her brothers and they were happy to see me (a good excuse to barbecue the 'fatted' calf hog and have a few beers).

Edited by AgMech Cowboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

omeprazole 20 mg... it is an acid inhibitor... 20+ yrs ago I had it really bad, enough so to eat away part of my esophagus... and I have been taking it for 20 years now and can drink OJ and have coffee w/no ill effects... 

you are only supposed to take it for 2 weeks and that might do hte trick, for me it will recur as soon as I miss a day... 

Of course, I am not a doc and you might be advised to see one first... but that is my life-changing experience... I no longer have to sleep sitting up.. 

ps - there are many brands on the market.. generic works fine - Gaster etc... and it is not expensive... abt 60 baht for 2 weeks supply. 

Tried them..waste of time.

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Ooohh, look at you being all brave behind your little keyboard, all alone in your bedsit.

Ever thought of investing in an anger management course?

You're pretty brave too, for all you know, you could be taking a knife to a gunfight.

1 minute ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Oh bore off, pls.

Have you ever thought about investing in a life, you know one that doesn't include spending all of it spouting nonsense on here all day every day?

I was late in responding because I was out playing golf. Taking some durian down to my GF's village this afternoon. Too mundane for you? What do you want in your life?

If you start a thread, that means you are wanting input. If you don't like some of the input, suck it up, princess. Respond aggressively, expect return fire. Is that too hard for you to understand?

I've been insulted by experts, you are definitely beginner amateur. The imagination of an amoeba.

I think I can understand your attitude, if I was living in Bangkok I'd be going doolally too.

Try good manners the next time around. IMO the mods would be doing you a favor by closing this thread down, because I feel posters are tired of your tedious bitching.

22 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

You are not alone we should have been returning from Australia tonight from a trip planned a year ago have just finished sorting that out

Earlier this week was advised that my flights to the UK in late August have been cancelled.

Its life unfortunately but would rather be here than either of those other two countries the restrictions here have been minimal in my opinion managed even to get my hair cut.

They say divorce rates will or are rising and the mental health toll will be great.  Are you needing  a walkabout or some fresh?  Not the best time to risk a trying to find a new partner or many ST.  But I like the honesty idea.  In Thailand women can be quite open  minded and  may surprise you.  If she is a goodun she will understand and want you happy.   Why always the bickering.   We cant imagine what it is like in someone's  shoes.