Seasoning for 1 year extension on non o based on marriage

Hi,

re the updated bank book, do I understand correctly that on the day I apply for the extension I take the bank book to an atm, perform one transaction eg withdraw 100 baht then this will suffice as the updated bank book?

Secondly the balance has to have remained above 400000 for 2 months before the day of application, can I then withdraw/transfer this money elsewhere or must I wait until the extension has been approved?

And lastly regarding the bank letter, I read this has to show transactions for the last 2 months, so is this in effect a bank statment or a letter typed on the same day I apply for the extension, which shows the last 2 months transactions? Presumably I ask for the letter just after I have updated the bank book so the totals match?

as always, many thanks for all replies.

The 400k must be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply. Best not to take out the 400k baht until you have your one year extension stamp since many offices are now wanting to see your bank book to prove it is still in the bank.

The bank letter will only confirm you account and the balance in it on day it is written. You updated bank book will be the proof it has been in the bank for 2 months if it has been updated regularly.

The bank letter showing the transactions is only needed at some offices if using the 40k baht income option and proving it by transfers into the country.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The 400k must be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply. Best not to take out the 400k baht until you have your one year extension stamp since many offices are now wanting to see your bank book to prove it is still in the bank.

The bank letter will only confirm you account and the balance in it on day it is written. You updated bank book will be the proof it has been in the bank for 2 months if it has been updated regularly.

The bank letter showing the transactions is only needed at some offices if using the 40k baht income option and proving it by transfers into the country.

A datum point for your information, last year Udon office was asking for proof that the money was in the bank during the under consideration period. This year they are not, a few reports to just personal.

Leave the money in your account until you get your final stamp. In Chaeng Wattana, this is about a month after you apply for the extension. You not only bring your bankbook to that final appointment, but bring a copy of all the pages as well.

You can read my story that I posted today about that experience. Got my final stamp today at CW.