non-immigrant visa O-X

I have tried to find out about the non-immigrant visa O-X on this forum, but can't seem to find any reference to it

Is this O-X type still going around?

I’ve never heard of it, but Thai Embassy in UAE says”  In accordance with the notification of Ministry of Interior of Thailand B.E. 2560 (2017) dated 26th May (effective from 11th August 2017) granting a non-immigrant visa O-X (Long stay/Retirement) to maximum of 10 years, the Royal Thai Embassy wishes to further clarify the followings:

Also “ Foreigners who enter Thailand with other type of Visa can contact Immigration and ask for change to Non O-X visa

Full link is here

http://www.thaiembassy.org/abudhabi/en/news/663/80749-VISITORS-FROM-14-NATIONS-WITH-OVER-50-YEARS-OF-AGE.html

The non-ox visa can only be applied for at a Thai embassy or official consulate in your home country or country of legal residence.

Immigration does not issue them.

Info is here on the consular affaairs website. http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/other/7394/80938-Non-–-Immigrant-Visa--“O---X”-(Long-Stay-10-years).html

Info for the insurance is here. https://longstay.tgia.org/

43 minutes ago, bolt said:

I’m guessing this type of visa, requires an 90 day visa run out of country to keep it valid?

The non-ox visa allows a total stay of 10 years. You will be issued a visa valid for 5 years that allows unlimited 1 year entries. When it is expires you would get another 5 year visa.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

From your link;

- Foreigners who enter Thailand with other type of Visa/Visa Exemption may contact the Immigration Bureau and apply for Non-O-X visa.

False info. Immigration has said they do not do them.

The same bad info is shown for the Non-OA visa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, verticalift said:

I received my 10 year Multi Entry O-X Visa this past October 2019 from the Thai Embassy in Abu Dhabi. As a Canadian Expat, living in Phuket for over the past 23 yrs and working in Abu Dhabi, the process was painless. The “10 yr” Visa is actually issued for an initial 5 yrs, after which it will be renewed for a further 5 yrs. The 5 yr check is for immigration to confirm that you still meet the requirements of the visa including bank balances, insurance, etc. Having the Yellow Book (Tambian Baan) and Thai pink I.D. Card certainly aided in confirming my being domiciled in Phuket and hence being issued the visa. However, every time I arrive at the Phuket Airport, the Immigration officials get all confused as they have never actually seen an O-X Visa before. It’s hilarious......

Do you need to do a visa border run every 90 days, or report to immigration only, every 90 days.

I'm working in UAE also

if It’s a visa border run every 90 days, I won’t bother, but staying in country is appealing 

15 minutes ago, bolt said:

Do you need to do a visa border run every 90 days, or report to immigration only, every 90 days.

You only need to do 90 day reports if you stay in the country that long. I wrote this earlier in a reply to your previous post about it.

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The non-ox visa allows a total stay of 10 years. You will be issued a visa valid for 5 years that allows unlimited 1 year entries. When it is expires you would get another 5 year visa.

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

And what do you do at the end of the 10 years ?