Scooby-Doo actor Matthew Lillard admits it was a "bummer" not to play Shaggy again in Scoob!

snoop1130

Scooby-Doo actor Matthew Lillard admits it was a "bummer" not to play Shaggy again in Scoob!

BY SUSANNAH ALEXANDER

1497599794-scooby-doo.jpg

WARNER BROS.

Scooby-Doo and his gang of mystery-solving friends are some of the most iconic and recognisable characters around, so it's no surprise that the arrival of new animated version Scoob! has been met with a lot of excitement.

But one person who has been left disappointed by the latest Mystery Inc. adventure is actor Matthew Lillard, who has played Scooby's best mate Shaggy Rogers in numerous outings – but was not cast in Scoob!

Speaking to Entertainment Tonight reporter Ash Crossan, he admitted that it was "a drag" to not be playing Shaggy in the movie when he has taken on the role so many times in the past.

"About Scoob, I don't have a lot of good things to say," he said. "I wish them all well, I hope the movie does really well. I mean, it was a drag. And I was surprised that happened. And I think Hollywood's a very interesting place and I've been around for a long time.

Full Story: https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a32541430/scooby-doo-matthew-lillard-shaggy-recast-disappointment/