New Yamaha Tricity 155

On May 20 Yamaha officially put on sale the new 155 cc 2020 tricycle capable of stopping without putting his foot on the ground (about this possibility i am not sure for the model Thailand, waiting and see) I contacted Yamaha Thailand and they told me that it will be available in two or three months

https://www.9carthai.com/new-yamaha-tricity-price/

YAMAHA TRICITY 2017

Yes, But you get two tires on the road at the front on wet slippery Bangkok streets. 

MP3 is quite popular in Europe. 

01piaggio-mp3400.jpg

Now there is a 4-wheeled version which as it has 4 wheels can be ridden with a car licence.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Defies the purpose of riding a MC being able to squeeze in and get away with tight places as a 2 wheeler can do but a wide 3 wheeler?...

From the photos it does not seem to me that it is much more bulky and should have a double stability

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Yes, But you get two tires on the road at the front on wet slippery Bangkok streets. 

MP3 is quite popular in Europe. 

01piaggio-mp3400.jpg

Now there is a 4-wheeled version which as it has 4 wheels can be ridden with a car licence.

This is a 300 cc for Europe, for Asia a 250 cc is foreseen but it seems that Yamaha wants to try for Thailand only the 155 given the previous fiasco with the 125 cc.
Personally I would like to drive a 250 cc instead of the 155 cc.

4 wheels is too expensive buy

Edited by ICELANDMAN

The picture about is to represent the MP3 lineup. 

..and this is a 125. To match the Tricity old 125.

04-yourban.jpg

There is no MP3 155 to exactly match the Yamaha.

Yes we'd all like a bike that is not available here. A sacrifice that has to be made when moving to Asia.

4 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

The picture about is to represent the MP3 lineup. 

..and this is a 125. To match the Tricity old 125.

04-yourban.jpg

There is no MP3 155 to exactly match the Yamaha.

Yes we'd all like a bike that is not available here. A sacrifice that has to be made when moving to Asia.

From what I read on the Japanese Yamaha website they said that the 300 cc model would be for Europe while for Asia it would be the 250 cc model and they probably present as they did for the other models in Thailand before the 155cc and subsequently the 250 cc, now also the Thai start loving the big bikes so the market should open also for the 250 cc we hope.

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2020 at 8:31 AM, ICELANDMAN said:

It is incredible that all Yamaha 250 and 300 cc are assembled in Thailand to be shipped to Europe. It is perhaps a good idea to let people Yamaha know that there is also a market for these engines in Thailand by contacting them as I come to do

http://yamaha-motor-parts.co.th/contact.html

Seems the 300 tricity will go on sale in Europe for £7500 a lot more than the 155 you get in Thailand the 300cc can be driven on a car license

Edited by Delman15

To me that's strange, riding a tricity on car license, I wouldn't have thought it is that much different than a two wheel bike...

Getting a bike license in UK is quite hard, even with having a car license, I guess they want to give people a break...!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Phuketbeachlife said:

Does anyone know when Yamaha will sell the Tricity 155 in Thailand? The dealers told me Yamaha stopped selling it. 

cos no one bought them !

next time you see one coming towards you, impagine what you would look like riding one .... nuf said

• 10 months later...

300cc tricity sell in japan for 245,000 baht- which is a bit high considering the price for an MT 07.might just get the underpowered 155cc for 99k...intrigued by the 300 ,but it does look weighty.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 7:11 PM, piston broke said:

cos no one bought them !

next time you see one coming towards you, impagine what you would look like riding one .... nuf said

papa bought one.

papa cares not a fig

if someone who can't spell 

'imagine' thinks papa looks un-cool.

????

Edited by papa al
  • Haha 1