Bang Saen beach may reopen next Monday

webfact

Bang Saen beach may reopen next Monday

By The Nation

800_f1871584e06fa88.jpg?v=1590465491

File Photo

Bang Saen beach may reopen for the public on June 1 but under strict social distancing, Saen Suk Mayor Narongchai Khunpluem posted on his Facebook page on Monday (May 25).

However, people will have to wait for an official announcement from the Chon Buri Communicable Disease Control Committee first, he wrote.

The mayor was revealing the progress in “developing” and “organising” public beach areas in the tourist destination in preparation for a reopening.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388511

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-26

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

So the beach where just the other day teens were busted for gathering, drinking, and littering may be due to open but beaches like Pattaya, Jomtien, and Ban Sarae, where people have been vastly obeying the closure and rules, is still due to remain shut?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

It's not that far to travel from Pattaya to Ban Saen if you do fancy going to the beach....//

+45 km to go to this beach ! when you have many prettier ones just around Pattaya...

Edit: but yes, if it's the nearest one officially opened... ;(

Edited by Pattaya46

16 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

+45 km to go to this beach ! when you have many prettier ones just around Pattaya...

I wasn't sure which ones are open as I don't live there. My suggestion was if Ban Saen is the only one open.

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Nit noi dirty farangs in Bang Saen....plenty in the others...khao jai mai.......:clap2:

Pattaya beach will officially open again upon the first bus load of Wuhan tourists arriving in the resort  :thumbsup:

LOL. Why do people continue to think that only foreigners are the problem. If you read my post correctly the teens i was referring to were Thai's. Yes Thai people have been known to break a law or two, not just us long noses

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RickG16 said:

It's not that far to travel from Pattaya to Ban Saen if you do fancy going to the beach....

You never know, might be a nice change of scene....

You don't seem to get the sea breeze there the same you do in Pattaya. Gets a bit sweltering. I hope Pattaya and Jomtien beaches re-open; self distancing was easily observed when they were shut 2 months ago - not enough tourists to go round and keep the beaches busy.

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

It's not.  A Thai resort at weekend; a University town mid-week.  Lots of souped up motor bikes and no police.

I've been there... I liked it. Plenty of good Thai restaurants. Sure there are some quieter hotels away from the main strip.

2 hours ago, champers said:

You don't seem to get the sea breeze there the same you do in Pattaya. Gets a bit sweltering. I hope Pattaya and Jomtien beaches re-open; self distancing was easily observed when they were shut 2 months ago - not enough tourists to go round and keep the beaches busy.

Ban Saen is the closest I've got to Pattaya. It was pretty hot on the beach come to think of it. I also felt I was under the magnifying glass as the only farang sunbather... or sunbather full stop. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longchop said:

Jomtien beach clean up was going well, digging out tree stumps and unused concrete posts  until they rolled over the excavator, gone for repairs now more than a week, maybe the clean up is finished.

Micro-nap or a motorcycle crossed his path?

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Ban Saen is the closest I've got to Pattaya. It was pretty hot on the beach come to think of it. I also felt I was under the magnifying glass as the only farang sunbather... or sunbather full stop. 

So near  .... and yet so far.

There is a walking street at the Northern End of town. The road running from Sukhumvit to the beach has loads of student bars and some decent eating places. Burapha University and the University hospital provide plenty of eye candy. There is a Swedish owned beerbar offering takeout. I suspect I am barred from here after I had a furious argument with the owners girlfriend. I think it was about a game of pool but I was completely trashed so cannot clearly remember. My girlfriend said I was very mao .. again.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, champers said:

had a furious argument with the owners girlfriend. I think it was about a game of pool but I was completely trashed so cannot clearly remember. My girlfriend said I was very mao .. again.

I play a lot of pool usually mate... with mixed success. We have a very competitive league on our island. I'm not one of the best players, more in it for the 'social activities',  but I've had my moments.

Do you have a league there in Pattaya? 

I think there are pool leagues at some expat pubs, but don't have any details to hand. Darts leagues are more prevalent; was in a Retox once and they had a match on. Free buffet for players after; they'll be binned off in the new reality.