Street racers made to smash up their noisy exhausts with sledgehammer

webfact

5 minutes ago, graemeaylward said:

I don't see a sledgehammer anywhere, just an ordinary hammer for nails!

Best Sledgehammers (May 2020) - Reviews & Buyer's Guide  Now that's a sledgehammer!  ???? 

Naaaahhh!!! In engineering terms that is a 'technical adjusting device'!!! 5555 ????????????????????????????????

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, graemeaylward said:

I don't see a sledgehammer anywhere, just an ordinary hammer for nails!

Best Sledgehammers (May 2020) - Reviews & Buyer's Guide  Now that's a sledgehammer!  ???? 

I wouldn't try hammering in nails with the lump hammer that the kid is wielding . I've more respect for my fingers than that!

8pm.jpg

Edited by Moonlover

4 hours ago, johng said:

And then ride off without any exhaust pipe at all  thus causing even more noise..brilliant ! :crazy:

95% have complied and none are re-offending. That's a win IMO despite the one noisy journey to the bike shop.

But for some people, it's never right is it!

1 hour ago, xtrnuno41 said:

the police had tried and largely failed to curb the problem of noisy adapted exhausts   ??

Wow, lazy to do their job.

Not enough revenue in it to make it worthwhile!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

Naaaahhh!!! In engineering terms that is a 'technical adjusting device'!!! 5555 ????????????????????????????????

The bigger the job the bigger the hammer!

8 hours ago, webfact said:

the police had tried and largely failed to curb the problem of noisy adapted exhausts used by street racing youth.

If the Lazy sods done their job there wouldn't be a problem ,all the Mc would've been impounded and scrapped and the riders Fined. 

• Like 1

I wish sound levels in USA would ha e been established and enforced.  Harley's ate some of the worst.   how can they get away with such noise.  I'm tempted to put a loud soundsystem on my truck that sounds like a Harley.  then see what the police can do.  I suppose it's to late now that Harley's numbers are so high.  but 25 ,years as go they could have done something.   they ride in packs and a road 200 meters below me is a popular route for these club rides as well as racing bikes.  imagine a World with all electric vehicles in cities.  

To be honest, I'm not surprised bikers have noisy exhausts on their bikes. The state of driving here is appalling and anything a biker can do to make him/herself more visible or audible has to be applauded.

The article referring to a driver who failed to yield to an emergency vehicle as the driver did not hear it, is a fine example. More noise needed...

9 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

"PAT" - Precision Adjustment Tool.  If it's not right, give it a PAT.

On 5/29/2020 at 12:20 AM, webfact said:

Street racers made

Please note the title uses the word "MADE" to smash their mufflers.  That is untrue.  That would imply they were forced to smash them.  In fact, they volunteered to do so because they were paid 100 THB.  Slightly different story.  Incidentally, the song "If I had a  hammer", comes to mind.

'nuf sed.

This  is  pretty disgusting, under what authority can the headman do  this? who tests the level of  noise, got a  db meter,  this is  mob  rule, starts  with an exhaust noise ends  with getting the whiteys  out  of  the  village or  worse inciting attacks on them

2 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

In fact, they volunteered to do so

I  dont think so, volunteered  under duress  would  be more  likely. Here  burn this  thousand baht  , Ill give you  100, makes  sense  right?

• 2 weeks later...