Video: Cash free-for-all! Big biker drops 30K on the road - gets half of it back!

webfact

Video: Cash free-for-all! Big biker drops 30K on the road - gets half of it back!

10pm.jpg

CCTV outside the Mitsubishi showroom on the Bang Na - Trad road inbound (KM 43) on Saturday showed the moment when a rider on a CBR "big bike" dropped 30,000 baht on the road. 

This caused a number of vehicles to stop and gleefully gather up the money. 

A fellow motorist informed the rider he had dropped his cash and he rode back and was given 10,000 by a driver of a black pick-up. 

10pm1.jpg

This driver later posted dash cam footage of the drivers of other vehicles who did not return any cash. They included another pick-up, a car and an 18 wheel truck.

MCOT reported that the motorcyclist got a further 5,000 baht back from the female admin of a Bang Pakong fan page where the video was posted. 

The rider was philosophical about the event - he admitted he was negligent in dropping it and at least he got half back, reported the media. 

Source: MCOT

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-02

those that helped themselves committed a theft and the police should be paying them a visit to either get the money returned and/or press charges

The guy who dropped the money likely doesn't realise this  

• Like 2

Similar thing happened to me once with 60 Chula Uni undergrad student final exam papers. Blew off my CBR400RR near Democracy monument back in 1993. Luckily, the papers were of little interest to any other motorist and I managed to grab them all after many minutes of running up and down 4 lanes of traffic or I'd have some serious explaining to do!  I think the tyre marks might have raised a few eyebrows when I handed them over to the Khunying Ajaarn to double checked the scores!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

CCTV outside the Mitsubishi showroom on the Bang Na - Trad road inbound (KM 43) on Saturday showed the moment when a rider on a CBR "big bike" dropped 30,000 baht on the road

Should have had it a more secure bag... 15,000 reminders of not to do it again.

i thought the guy in the black pick up was lucky nobody rammed into the back of him considering he was in the outside lane - or knocked him over as he ran out into the other lanes.

• Like 1

Reminds me of advice I once received. When pursued a by an angry pack of Thais, throw money on the ground and you will likely escape. Rather like a Jingjook detaches his tail to distract a predator. The Jingjook can grow a new tail, you may not be so lucky.

• Like 1